Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not basing it off of last night but I don't think you should ever be spending close to 100M on a center back.

It's not like left-back for example where there's almost a complete lack of genuine top-class players in that position and you need to overpay.

He can play at left back you know!

Don’t really care if you buy it or not, he’s rapid. Anyone whos watched him regularly can tell you that, or read any profile analysing why so many clubs want him and one of the main things they’ll talk about is recovery pace. Or watch him go stride for stride with Haaland several times 3 weeks ago.

Messi didn’t beat him in a sprint anyway, can’t take anyone who would categorise that big of skill as a sprint seriously.
I think you’re watching a different player. He may gain some speed once in full flow, but off the mark he’s slow and that’s been proved numerous times over the past few months.

Dias and Ake are more than capable playing left CH, so i don't think we need him.

I'd rather spend the money he would cost on two top quality fullbacks.
so would i, but and this is the important part ,peps fullbacks are going to be high quality cbs( going by this season), that can come inside and play defensive midfield and can pass , from what i've seen of gvardiol if laporte leaves gvardiol fits the bill, he was excellent in the world cup, quick and good on the ball, i don't think any player is worth 100m, but if pep thinks hes the player he wants and that's the price then why not.

we see it many times after a player performs well then we get the sign him up, last night has seen a few doubt him , he was part of a team that happened to come up against a team who on their day can do that to any team in world football.

I think you’re watching a different player. He may gain some speed once in full flow, but off the mark he’s slow and that’s been proved numerous times over the past few months.
I dont particulary get the issue with pace here. Hes replacing laporte who isnt known to be rapid himself.

Clearly he's very talented but yesterday was a cluster fuck. Leipzig's game plan and the players around him had a horrible night as well but he's not worth what's being quoted.

There have been other great young CBs in the game. Comparatively, I don't think he's better than De Ligt was at the same age. Even Laporte was better at the same age.

He's very good but allocating the war chest to midfielders, wingers and fullback would be better.

I'll believe it when it happens but that looks a little more promising but it still doesn't hide the fact his performances weren't encouraging.

I'll believe it when it happens but that looks a little more promising but it still doesn't hide the fact his performances weren't encouraging.
In fairness to the guy Kevin and the Viking were in peak form in that game. I’m not sure there are many CBs that can stop those two in peak form. It is a bit like trying to stop an avalanche with a shovel when those two are on.

I am sure that Gvardiol is more attracted to City after Tuesday night than he was before but, after the torrid time Haaland gave him, the club might have one or two reservations that weren't there on Monday!

In fairness to the guy Kevin and the Viking were in peak form in that game. I’m not sure there are many CBs that can stop those two in peak form. It is a bit like trying to stop an avalanche with a shovel when those two are on.
It was still a wobbly and not a very convincing performance in a high pressured game. Something Mangala did on a near enough regular basis when playing for City. He is still has bit more development to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.