Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

20sbc07 said:
I think its possible, If we want him we'll get him.
We're a far better option for him than Valencia.

I still think Nasri is more likely although maybe we'll get both.

I would love both. If Tevez stays that would be a fantastic attack. While true we would have no true winger, we would have some players that could play wide. Heck Kolarov might play some wide if we sign an LB.

just read he's sprained his ankle, Spain's U21 first game is against England in 9 days, might not be fit for it.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Sabster said:
Stillsy said:
Can't believe some saying he's shit.

I watch valencia everyweek and he is a top player and would be loved here

No one is saying he is shit - but is he what we need? No

He is not quick and doesn't really play out wide and doesn't create from deep.

Why do we need him?

I'm not normally one to pull other poster's comments apart but everything you have just said is incorrect.

I would beg to differ - there is not one thing I said there that is incorrect.

He isn't quick. He plays out wide in the same way Silva does (I.e. not really).

He is a very good finisher and good on the ball (but nowhere near as good as Silva).

And he doesn't create from deep.

IMO that is not what we need at all - obviosly we would take him and he would be good for us but there would be far better fits.

-- Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm --

okstate99 said:
jjeangi said:
Just remember this is the same poster, that says De Jong shouldnt be in our starting eleven against the better sides.

That is just wrong

The converse actually - IMO he should only play against the better sides when we have to stifle the midfield.

I find myself often agreeing with Sabster. I totally agree with everything he said about Mata. All I see when I watch him is an inferior Silva. Not as skillful, not as technical, not really faster and not a real winger either. But a good player.

On here it seems he is rated as highly as Pastore, Sanchez and the like :? I really hope I am wrong if we get him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE_bdgAeWHg[/youtube]

Quality.

LoveCity said:
Tevez City said:
LoveCity said:
Fresh link to him in today's NOTW.

I think he is off to Liverpool.

Only if we don't want him. ;)

Really fucking hate this type of attitude. As if we're somehow entitled to any and every player we happen to like. As if any and every player should be dying to play for us. This is how rag fans think.

Mata set for Mancini

[bigimg]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00265/juanmatavalencia_05_265698a.jpg[/bigimg]

Exclusive by Aidan Magee
June 5, 2011

JUAN MATA has emerged as a £20million target for Manchester City. Roberto Mancini wants a creative force in midfield - and the 23-year-old Valencia winger has been recommended by fellow Spaniard David Silva.

The City boss is looking for young players with Champions League experience and hopes the club's good relationship with Valencia can help seal a deal.

The La Liga side are still managing huge debts. Work on their new stadium has halted.

Mancini has been told to trim his squad before making big signings. A deal for Chilean Alexis Sanchez has collapsed because interest in the Atletico Madrid star has forced bidding over £30million.

But City are keeping an eye on Samir Nasri's contract talks with Arsenal. The Frenchman, 23, earns £60,000 a week at the Emirates but is holding out for £110,00 a week as his four-year deal drifts into its final year.

Nasri knows City would pay £150,000 a week and he may cost just £15m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/nol_sport/1313752/Juan-Mata-has-become-a-20m-target-for-Manchester-City.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/no ... -City.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.