Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Sideshow Bob said:
LoveCity said:
Tevez City said:
I think he is off to Liverpool.

Only if we don't want him. ;)

Really fucking hate this type of attitude. As if we're somehow entitled to any and every player we happen to like. As if any and every player should be dying to play for us. This is how rag fans think.

Bollocks - if we want him we will get him simply because:

1. Champions League football
2. We would outbid Liverpool
3. We have his close friend David Silva

There is no arrogance in those points.

LoveCity said:
Sideshow Bob said:
LoveCity said:
Only if we don't want him. ;)

Really fucking hate this type of attitude. As if we're somehow entitled to any and every player we happen to like. As if any and every player should be dying to play for us. This is how rag fans think.

Bollocks - if we want him we will get him simply because:

1. Champions League football
2. We would outbid Liverpool
3. We have his close friend David Silva

There is no arrogance in those points.

Who is better addition to our team, him or Pastore ?

Those are fair points. However, it's all speculation. Just because we (may) have more money to spend doesn't mean Liverpool won't outbid us.

In any case, my main point was only that we need to stay far away from any rag-like arrogance. My apologies if I misjudged your post.

Juan Mata is a very talented footballer, and I would personally like to see him here. Think about who else we could attract for this position? We've heard reports the Sanchez deal has fallen through, so who else could we actually bring here?

Also, any news on Jan Vertonghen?

so we need lb cover, a winger and an attackin midfielder...

vertonghen (cover for all defence and midfield)
mata (both a winger and am)
? (i really dunno who id like to see, maybe mata and a winger?)

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov
DeJong
Yaya Silva
Balotelli Tevez Mata

Given
Zabaleta Toure Boateng Vertonghen
Barry
Milner ??????
SWP Dzeko Johnson

looks pretty strong to me, only 3 brought in, plus other squad players like boyata, m.johnson (hope he returns in pre season! cud be like a new signing... again) maybe a young striker aswell, maybe lukaku, nimely or even guidetti? has he gone yet or still weighing up his options?

edit - we could even save money, keep onuoha and weiss and then in theory we dont need a winger or defender? thoughts?

SambaStyle said:
Not only because he's a great player but he's buddies with Silva which will give him a much needed friend in the dressing room, he always seems lonely and reclusive when I see videos of the team.
Always makes me laugh when I see players linked with clubs because they could keep another player company. They're grown men ffs. I'm sorry David your just going to have to make some new friends.

I was a bit unenthusiastic about him compared to Sanchez at first, but he does have a lot of pros.

He's done it on a more consistent basis, Spanish players tend to settle in better than South Americans, his link up play and crossing is good, Seria A players don't tend to transfer their skills to the PL as well as La Liga players.

I think he's a safer buy, but perhaps a bit less flashy. Still a brilliant player, all this transfer talk turned me spoilt.

SuperYaya said:
I was a bit unenthusiastic about him compared to Sanchez at first, but he does have a lot of pros.

He's done it on a more consistent basis, Spanish players tend to settle in better than South Americans, his link up play and crossing is good, Seria A players don't tend to transfer their skills to the PL as well as La Liga players.

I think he's a safer buy, but perhaps a bit less flashy. Still a brilliant player, all this transfer talk turned me spoilt.

This is why I like Mata as well. Spanish league is as fast as PL. but not as physical, so doesnt take players quite as long to settle in.

Gingers Dad said:
SambaStyle said:
Not only because he's a great player but he's buddies with Silva which will give him a much needed friend in the dressing room, he always seems lonely and reclusive when I see videos of the team.
Always makes me laugh when I see players linked with clubs because they could keep another player company. They're grown men ffs. I'm sorry David your just going to have to make some new friends.

Of course, but they would both be close friends, spanish speakers, in a different country. More often than not we don't have the problem of choosing where to work based on how many friends of ours speak the same language. All else being equal it could be the tipping point for him, would be daft to think otherwise.

I'm not entirely sure what Liverpool would offer him that we wouldn't. Unless they come in with some mental package we just don't think he's worth (And you wouldn't hear the dippers harping on about ruining football if that were the case ;)). And even then he would have to decide if he's happy not just not playing CL football, but no European football at all.

adrianr said:
Gingers Dad said:
SambaStyle said:

Of course, but they would both be close friends, spanish speakers, in a different country. More often than not we don't have the problem of choosing where to work based on how many friends of ours speak the same language. All else being equal it could be the tipping point for him, would be daft to think otherwise.

I'm not entirely sure what Liverpool would offer him that we wouldn't. Unless they come in with some mental package we just don't think he's worth (And you wouldn't hear the dippers harping on about ruining football if that were the case ;)). And even then he would have to decide if he's happy not just not playing CL football, but no European football at all.

Some dipper I follow, was touting how his wiki page was changed to say he signed for Liverpool today. He said it several times, so I finally went, and changed Liverpool to Everton, I didnt want to totally jinx it lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.