Juan Mata (Merged)

Re: Juan Mata is a must

Snippet from The Independent (about the only newspaper worth reading):

Mata is understood to have a release clause of €21m (£18.4m) in his contract that ran out at the end of July, which means that Valencia can now reject offers of that sum or more. The Spanish club are eager for Manchester City to show their hand; having expressed an interest this summer, City would be capable of pushing the price far beyond what Arsène Wenger considers sensible.

Juan Mata is a must

That release clause has gone up now to 40m but apparently they would except 30m

Apparently Mata is truly pissed of they didn't except the bid of 14m from Arsenal!

waspish said:

Apparently Mata is truly pissed of they didn't except the bid of 14m from Arsenal!

still way too much.

Andouble said:
waspish said:

still way too much.
25 million pounds for Mata doesn't seem too much to me. I mean Nasri is going for 22 mil, and he has 1 year left on his K. Most would consider Mata and Nasri to be of similar talent, even if you think Nasri is better, they are comparable. If Nasri is worth 22 with 1 year left, surely Mata should be worth 27 with 3 years left, NO?

Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
waspish said:

still way too much.
25 million pounds for Mata doesn't seem too much to me. I mean Nasri is going for 22 mil, and he has 1 year left on his K. Most would consider Mata and Nasri to be of similar talent, even if you think Nasri is better, they are comparable. If Nasri is worth 22 with 1 year left, surely Mata should be worth 27 with 3 years left, NO?
I concur, we need them both!!!! God forbid if anything happened to David Silva, we'd be well & truly fucked!!!! I've said all along that we should get Nasri, Sneijder & Mata and thus increase the size of the squad cull accordingly to accommodate them.....

Dribble said:
Dax777 said:
Andouble said:
still way too much.
I concur, we need them both!!!! God forbid if anything happened to David Silva, we'd be well & truly fucked!!!! I've said all along that we should get Nasri, Sneijder & Mata and thus increase the size of the squad cull accordingly to accommodate them.....

Exactly. Buy them both. With Tevez, Ned, SWP and Ade still to go we end up with a net spend of somewhere in the 20 million range. What a fucking window that would be:

Clichy
Savic
Aguero
Nasri
Mata
backup keeper

All for 20 million or so. DO IT!!!!

Get nasri and mata ASAP,we would become one of the best sides in Europe overnight,and we would just have to tinker each year, without wholesale changes each window surely the club I,e Mancini,Cooke,and mar wood recognise this,just look at the ages of what the squad would be,come on get on with it!

I haven't seen a ton of Mata footage but I know this. He's the best player in a Spanish team that just won the under 21 championship.

And the prospect of Mata - Silva is tantalizing.

You simply cannot go wrong signing this player.

mannycity said:
surely the club I,e Mancini,Cooke,and mar wood recognise this,just look at the ages of what the squad would be,come on get on with it!

Well the thing is, they don't. And as have been well established here on the forum, - they don't know as much about football or players as we do. Fact.

Us not chasing Mata is a mystery to me, and I just can't understand our apparent disinterest in this case.

There is only one acceptable and explanatory reason for me, and that would be Mata telling us he does not want to come here no matter what. But surely that's totally unthinkable? ;)
Maybe he just don't want to play second fiddle to Silva once again.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 am --<br /><br />
HellasLEAF said:
I haven't seen a ton of Mata footage but I know this. He's the best player in a Spanish team that just won the under 21 championship.

And the prospect of Mata - Silva is tantalizing.

You simply cannot go wrong signing this player.

Major THIS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.