Juanma Lillo leaves to become Al-Sadd Head Coach

Was just thinking about not only Stones incredible comeback, but also Zin coming on leaps and bounds defensively, not too forget us as a team as well, and started to wonder if what we're seeing is Lillo's influence? Last year a lot of people including me questioned what he actually brought to the table considering we got progressively worse after his arrival to the point where around october we didn't look like a Pep side at all.

I was always under the impression Lillo was an all out attack type of coach, but does anyone know anything aboit his defensive track-record across his long coaching-career?

Was just thinking about not only Stones incredible comeback, but also Zin coming on leaps and bounds defensively, not too forget us as a team as well, and started to wonder if what we're seeing is Lillo's influence? Last year a lot of people including me questioned what he actually brought to the table considering we got progressively worse after his arrival to the point where around october we didn't look like a Pep side at all.

I was always under the impression Lillo was an all out attack type of coach, but does anyone know anything aboit his defensive track-record across his long coaching-career?
Just do a Google search for him. There are some excellent articles on him, some of which go a long way to explain our style evolution over the past 18 months.

Link them please

Cheers mate

Juanma Lillo has a lot to do with City's successful season. He has asked Guardiola several questions and his influence is reflected in the team. The use of a double pivot, the management of having less time on the ball, the improvement in losing the ball where they want.

Reading through this thread, quite a few are looking a tad silly now.

This thread is actually a good insight into the psychology of many posters. When we weren't doing well, people were looking for something or someone to blame. They associated our success with the outgoing Arteta, and the failings with the incoming Lillo. Many posts were lacking in thought, and the ones that didn't were lacking in insight.

But the truth is, nobody really knew what either did. We know bits and pieces, but not really much. Even now, I'd say the same. Chances are, they both have had positive impacts, but ultimately the buck stops at Pep, good and bad.

In fairness, it's no different to a player thread. Most don't really know the depth of what they critique. Some do, but they're rare. They call what they see, and in fairness, sometimes that matches up, but really a lot of it is the tip of the iceberg. There's so much going on under the surface that makes things way more complex than we can appreciate. It means we miss when underperforming players are doing better, and also sometimes we might argue players are doing better than they actually are.

If there's one lesson from threads like these, it's that maybe we should chill out on rushing to make judgements with a club that has had unprecedented success these last few years. I'm not saying don't call a spade a spade, whether you'd be right or wrong there'd be a discussion to be had. Just maybe don't jump in to say that the spade will never be a useful tool in our locker at every opportunity.

Reading through this thread, quite a few are looking a tad silly now.

This thread is actually a good insight into the psychology of many posters. When we weren't doing well, people were looking for something or someone to blame. They associated our success with the outgoing Arteta, and the failings with the incoming Lillo. Many posts were lacking in thought, and the ones that didn't were lacking in insight.

But the truth is, nobody really knew what either did. We know bits and pieces, but not really much. Even now, I'd say the same. Chances are, they both have had positive impacts, but ultimately the buck stops at Pep, good and bad.

In fairness, it's no different to a player thread. Most don't really know the depth of what they critique. Some do, but they're rare. They call what they see, and in fairness, sometimes that matches up, but really a lot of it is the tip of the iceberg. There's so much going on under the surface that makes things way more complex than we can appreciate. It means we miss when underperforming players are doing better, and also sometimes we might argue players are doing better than they actually are.

If there's one lesson from threads like these, it's that maybe we should chill out on rushing to make judgements with a club that has had unprecedented success these last few years. I'm not saying don't call a spade a spade, whether you'd be right or wrong there'd be a discussion to be had. Just maybe don't jump in to say that the spade will never be a useful tool in our locker at every opportunity.

And never, ever, allow fans to get into the position where they play any part in making important club decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.