Juanma Lillo leaves to become Al-Sadd Head Coach

It would be ridiculous to blame Lilo for all of our problems.

But it was mentioned several times on here prior to his arrival that he was a 4231 disciple.

We seem to be playing more often in this shape than in previous seasons, and it’s contributed to some of our problems:

- Playing Rodri and Gundogan in the same team

- Not pressing high up the pitch like we did playing 433

- Over-reliance on Kev as a number 10 to dictate play and create everything himself

- Slow build up play, constantly playing square and backwards

I think it’s time we examined Pep’s number 2 and his affect upon the team. His favoured formation is 4231 and we are seeing this almost every game and it’s stifling our attacks. He is supposed to be one of the games great thinkers but with very limited success, I’m beginning to think this man is the issue and it’s starting to affect our players. They don’t just become shite overnight

I think it’s time we examined Pep’s number 2 and his affect upon the team. His favoured formation is 4231 and we are seeing this almost every game and it’s stifling our attacks. He is supposed to be one of the games great thinkers but with very limited success, I’m beginning to think this man is the issue and it’s starting to affect our players. They don’t just become shite overnight
We were also playing shit before he arrived to be fair but he certainly doesn’t appear to have improved matters

We weren’t good last season neither before he came. Signs of the slow passing started right at the start back when we played Norwich and Everton away in September last year (one was even a win but we struggled for a good 70mins in that game to get anything going as we moved the ball so slowly).

We have gradually grown... shrunk... into this style since back then.

With Pep slumped on his bench depressed during the FA Cup game vs Arsenal @ Wembley 2020.

I noticed he sent Lillo out to address the players during the 2nd drinks break, cue TV shots of Arteta in a huddle talking tactics to his players, and Lillo clapping furiously like a circus otter in the ear of our players.

KdB looked miffed at Lillo's attempts to gee the players up.

Those two goons have got into Peps head for me they are the root cause, ego masseurs who are bumming a living . If I’ve said this once I’ve said a hundred times they have one objective win the CL at all costs, we are setting up for drawing 0-0 away and securing 1-0 at home, they don’t give a toss if last night happens just view it as a good test to see their WIP, I’d be fascinated to see what crap they refer to on those tactic sheets before a sub is used, compared to same said sheets 2 seasons back

Anyone minds changed on this then?

Gone to a 4-2-3-1 and the defensive is looking more solid than ever. He has definitely added something to this team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.