Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see that being relevant, they’ve got nothing to play for and Dortmund have finished their season. It’s taking a long time for this deal to be struck.
Don't they have a responsibility to their shareholders to get the best deal possible? It may be that their chance to get the best deal is to wait until after the CL for any offer from City or, for that matter, to keep him another year if their valuation isn't met. Not sure it's as easy as Madrid rocking up and paying what they want how they want.

Madrid have a few exiting this summer on freebies , Benzema , Modric & Asensio so a few to replace. They obviously want a top forward and I suspect will sign a short term fix while waiting for Mbappe on a free. If Levy sticks to his guns with Kane not going to a premier league rival I can see Madrid being interested at c£60m and not sure levy has any other options to drive the price up unless its a premier league side and will still have funds to pay a decent price for Bellingham who gets to settle alongside the England captain.

For Dortmund even if they only get the 100m its still a huge profit and a selling point to the next crop of talent they are looking to recycle.

Still think on a footballing basis our pitch is strong , best coach in world football , best team in world currently , can match the wages and playing in the number one league for profile. Can't do anything about the weather and he may get more out of a Madrid move commercially in the short term.

If I was weighing up a move without any city bias it would not be clear cut given the "names" departing Madrid and the abuse in Spain being negatives with the Madrid option at this stage versus the negatives at city - the charges mainly. Think without the negative implications of those charges then in his position would be at City in a flash, Madrid could come afterwards if he still wanted it. (I know some have said the charges won't impact players choices but I am not convinced)

Really can’t understand if Dortmund want €130m-150m why they would take €100m only upfront?

It's not actually a bad thing to spread the money out for a club like Dortmund. FFP means they have to supplement their revenue a little bit every year.

€100m up front with easily attainable add-ons works for everyone more than €150m up front unless the selling club intends to spend it all immediately.

We don't need to say anything at this stage.

For all we know, the Bellingham ship has sailed but it is convenient for us to use that still to move on someone else with little fuss!
Speaking of someone else, is there any credibility to the very recent chatter about us possibly hijacking the Liverpool deal for MacAllister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.