Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what changed, but City were certainly optimistic of landing him after initial discussions when we played Dortmund at the Etihad in September. It's a shame, as he's a great player but as others have said, at least he's not gone to a domestic rival. Be interesting to see what City do this summer. Personally, I'd be more than happy if we kept Gundogan and Bernardo, and just added Kovacic.
Might still get Messi - same folk who said Bellingham was done said messi was nailed on for the first few thousand pages of that thread.
Agree re keeping gondog/Bernie and adding kovacic though.

Can’t get every player we want (if we did want him). Happily we are so well run that someone turning us down doesn’t mean the world ends.

Sure Bellingham will have a good career and good luck to him. But he’s not prime Messi.

My immediate thought is if he’s worth 100M Euros what’s Rodri worth? Now that is a world class midfielder?

I’m not that bothered as long as one of Bernie or Gundo stays. A lot of disrespect for Gundo on here because of a shiny new toy.

I don’t see him as a fit. Playing against packed defences for England, like against USA last year, he was non-existent. Same as Phillips who was brilliant for England when we went down to 10 men and needed to defend - like his role at Leeds. But give him the ball against a low block and he’s not proved he can do it. The same test would face Bellingham. Much prefer Gundo, been there, done it.

Bump!

Before his amazing season end
Let’s hope this news means he’s more likely to stay.

A bit gutted about this. But all is not lost if we can keep Gundogan and Bernardo and sign Kovacic and Gvardiol.

Les not pretend we havent missed out on a belter.

But with Rice and MacAllister also looking like their futures lie elsewhere.....i'm very intrigued as to who is next in line.

Maybe if Gundo and Bernie are staying,its Kovacic only.
Yeah it's a shame, i would've liked him.

I think Foden was going to move into the middle anyway next season, plus we have the added bonus of Rico stepping up and Stones playing the hybrid role.
Add Kovacic and a fully fit Phillips and maybe see if Perrone and McAtee get increased roles then we have a stacked midfield for next season.

I'm wondering if we will go after a wide attacking player now instead?

never wanted him anyway.......or messi, or kaka, or isco, or kane :-)

id be ecstatic if we kept bernie and gundo and got "another" .....i trust the club to do the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.