Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what changed, but City were certainly optimistic of landing him after initial discussions when we played Dortmund at the Etihad in September. It's a shame, as he's a great player but as others have said, at least he's not gone to a domestic rival. Be interesting to see what City do this summer. Personally, I'd be more than happy if we kept Gundogan and Bernardo, and just added Kovacic.

Maybe the PL charges had an impact.

Yeah it's a shame, i would've liked him.

I think Foden was going to move into the middle anyway next season, plus we have the added bonus of Rico stepping up and Stones playing the hybrid role.
Add Kovacic and a fully fit Phillips and maybe see if Perrone and McAtee get increased roles then we have a stacked midfield for next season.

I'm wondering if we will go after a wide attacking player now instead?

There are one or two rumours of such,but again.....do we really need such? as long as we have some cover for Rodri,and the Laporte replacement in Gvardiol,i think we have another campaign at least with this squad and one or two academy graduates.

Not sure what changed, but City were certainly optimistic of landing him after initial discussions when we played Dortmund at the Etihad in September. It's a shame, as he's a great player but as others have said, at least he's not gone to a domestic rival. Be interesting to see what City do this summer. Personally, I'd be more than happy if we kept Gundogan and Bernardo, and just added Kovacic.
He's got the promise of replacing Kroos or Modric, and I'm sure his wages are generous. I can understand what RM were offering him.

Reactions: Ric
There are one or two rumours of such,but again.....do we really need such? as long as we have some cover for Rodri,and the Laporte replacement in Gvardiol,i think we have another campaign at least with this squad and one or two academy graduates.
Yeah not sure we do really, we'll still have Mahrez, Alvarez, Grealish and i'm hoping Palmer can improve too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.