Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see what Carlo ( or even a new manager ) will do with a side shorn of Benzema, Modric and maybe Kroos. The defence is reasonably settled but got schooled by us and Girona (amongst others).
He will have 3/4 relatively young midfielders, none are actually not pure playmakers with two young wingers learning to play with a new centre forward. I wouldn't mind drawing them again. We'd have a good chance. IMHO of course.

Shame we didn’t not get Bellingham. Plenty of other good players available. Madrid are a top team and I can easily see why he decided to go to Spain. Haaland is the main attraction at city, despite being friends, Jude would have been overshadowed.

Plus we have plenty of English players and John is playing a blinder as the dm/cb. Sometimes no matter how good the player is, you just don’t need him.

More annoyed we let the dips have a free run at McAllister. Anyway, it is what it is. City do need some new faces to keep the squad hungry and to let those that want to leave go.

Honestly don’t care about who we do or do not sign. The club is in great hands. Looking forward to seeing the backup options available.

Neigh Jude -:)

Not to pick on you specifically Polar Bear but I've been saying all along that the general sentiment like this from various posters is too narrow minded.

It's slim differences playing for them or for us.

Not for everyone, but for a lot of people, and understandably, Madrid can be considered a better place to live than Manchester.

If I was him and not a City fan as he is, I'd have 100% done the same.
Put it this way, if he wasn't English would that many people be surprised with his choice?

Real Madrid is still a massive club and you can’t blame anyone wanting to go there .
Absolutely - I was just suggesting it as an additional motivation - and more that we might just not have been interested at anything like that level of wage.

There's always the fact that Barca/Real have dominated the Balon D'or for the last fifteen years - and so has that glamorous edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.