Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think he ain’t good enough for us football ain’t for you he was excellent last night
Fans would talk shite about Jude and then shower J.Grealz with accolades. I am not really sure how we judge footballers anymore if I am being honest. Just some days ago, I read on the Jack thread that assists and goals mean fuck all for a "modern midfielder"! I...I just...I really don't know anymore.

I don’t disagree with a lot of that.

The issues we have is who can replace Bernardo, Gundogan and KDB.

We have to take a hit unless Txiki is a genius.

It also depends on Pep staying.

If he doesn’t then we really need Bellingham.

We're not going to see a like for like replacement. Our team is constantly evolving. De Jong was a player I thought we should be all over last summer. He could slot into the side quite comfortably and looks more of a Pep player. Bellingham's physicality means he always strikes me as a perfect Klopp midfielder. But having said that, we could do with some more presence on the pitch at times. At 19, to lead that Dortmund side in the CL is quite an accolade. Not only that, but he's consistently delivering goals and assists and driving them. One minute he's in the box scoring a goal, the next he's in his own breaking things up. He's got so much to his game.

You can't judge him just on age but that has to be a consideration. De Bruyne was 23 when he started to show his talent at Wolfsburg. Bernardo was just emerging at Benfica at 19 before a loan to Monaco. Gundogan was coming through at Nuremberg still. To put it into perspective Carlos Borges is about 9 months younger than Jude. Cole Palmer is 13 months older. Yet if you put Bellingham in our starting 11 now alongside De Bruyne and Rodri I think he'd do a pretty good job. And in time he'd get better and better. You could have him at the club for over a decade.

Last edited:
Fans would talk shite about Jude and then shower J.Grealz with accolades. I am not really sure how we judge footballers anymore if I am being honest. Just some days ago, I read on the Jack thread that assists and goals mean fuck all for a "modern midfielder"! I...I just...I really don't know anymore.
J.Grealz? One thing you should know is that's just fucking wrong.

Anyone think he ain’t good enough for us football ain’t for you he was excellent last night
Think it’s less and less a question of ”is he good enough” and more and more a question of “is he right for us”

I‘d be okay with him replacing gundo (who I love (in a manly way))

he’s a good player with a great engine and he carries an undoubted threat but is he what we need? Do we value cunning and vision over power maybe?

ultimately I’m happy for the club to decide

Still can’t help thinking the dippers will get him as they desperately need him?
If anything that would put me off. If the lad has any sort of ambition he would join City. I think they will be desperate by the end of the season but FSG arent going to offer him 500k a week to push a deal over the edge, it will be a deal on parity with the rest of their players except Salah and Van Dijk.

Imagine rocking up in Liverpool and looking around the dressing room and seeing the likes Henderson and Milner, Maybe Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita playing a bit of monopoly in the treatment room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.