Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy had the mentality to leave everything he knew in Birmingham as a teenager to go and live in Germany to further his career and now Liverpool fans think he's going to choose his next club because his best mate plays for them. Hilarious.

The thing that will be influencing his decision is what a club can offer him. City have stable ownership and a squad which has been refreshed with young players that have potential. Liverpool don’t know what direction they are going with in regards to any new owners and how they run the club. They also need a squad rebuild with the ageing players that they have.

Great player/prospect also but he hasn't yet hit the heights and displayed the maturity of Bellingham.
Time will tell but I rate Musiala and, at Bayern, he is winning Bundesligas and playing in high-pressure matches in the CL. Not saying Bellingham is not a great prospect but young English players often get overhyped and don't always make the next step. I would be happy with either (or both) at City. Pedri is another fantastic prospect (just had his 20th birthday).

Time will tell but I rate Musiala and, at Bayern, he is winning Bundesligas and playing in high-pressure matches in the CL. Not saying Bellingham is not a great prospect but young English players often get overhyped and don't always make the next step. I would be happy with either (or both) at City. Pedri is another fantastic prospect (just had his 20th birthday).
They are very different player though and Bellingham is nearer to what I think we need to replace Gundogan. Musiala looks great but I don't think he has anything we can't get from Foden.

Id love us to sign Bellingham as we do need him, our midfield is aging and two of them might be gone next season. Bellingham is needed but i do think we would need another midfielder as well. Bellingham can replace Gundogan but who replaces Bernardo if a club have the cash to buy him. KDB is getting older as well he will need replacing soon. Id love to see Phil in midfield but I dont think Pep will play him there yet. Unless Pep plans to use Kalvin in different midfield positions other than CDM

Looking at this 2 midfielders might be needed. Not just Bellingham

Gundogan - Contract ending at the end of the season

Bernardo - Wants to leave and theres price if a club pay that price hes gone.

Kdb - Getting older there will be a time where he will need to be replaced.

On that basis, Pedri is way to old! Lets stick with the 13 year old Bellingham.

i agree but I think we may lose Bernie and Mahrez in the summer and Musiala can play on the right.
Hard to know yet who'll stay or go, but I'd see Bellingham for Gundogan, Foden for me has all the attributes to do Bernardo's job. So maybe bring in a wide player to replace Foden and Mharez, though I'd expect Palmer to take up some of those minutes wide.

Hard to know yet who'll stay or go, but I'd see Bellingham for Gundogan, Foden for me has all the attributes to do Bernardo's job. So maybe bring in a wide player to replace Foden and Mharez, though I'd expect Palmer to take up some of those minutes wide.
It's a nice problem to have for City. I think a left full-back is probably more important for us. In a perfect world that would be Alphonso Davies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.