Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool never spend that kind of money on players. It's not how they do things and I just don't see it. I can only see them doing a deal if a couple of players go the other way to make up the bulk of a transfer, perhaps Naby Keita and someone else.
Didn't they double the world record fee for a goalkeeper that had only been set the previous year? Don't they have the world's most expensive centre back in their squad (that they outbid City for)? Didn't they just spend over £85m on a one season wonder striker?
I'm not saying you're wrong in that they may not have the money at this particular point to go big, especially after blowing a wad on Juande Carroll, but this whole "Liverpool don't spend big money" and "Liverpool can't compete with City on wages" is clearly absolute nonsense (the season they were given the league title their wage bill was higher than ours).

Liverpool have never had a Saudi-Qatari joint takeover though, which is sounding as though it’s in the pipeline.
They won't be able to sign anyone if that takeover happens, their finances will take a massive hit as they'll be playing in an empty stadium every other week as all their morally upright fans with their deep knowledge of the sociopolitical, religious and economic nuances of the Middle East will be boycotting them.

Club up for sale team struggling and in need of a big overhaul maybe jude is attracted to being the superstar and saviour and new beginning of the dippers over coming into a team that is non of the above where he will be just another player and won't have to wait to challenge for the top trophies.

Didn't they double the world record fee for a goalkeeper that had only been set the previous year? Don't they have the world's most expensive centre back in their squad (that they outbid City for)? Didn't they just spend over £85m on a one season wonder striker?
I'm not saying you're wrong in that they may not have the money at this particular point to go big, especially after blowing a wad on Juande Carroll, but this whole "Liverpool don't spend big money" and "Liverpool can't compete with City on wages" is clearly absolute nonsense (the season they were given the league title their wage bill was higher than ours).

You’re absolutely right, of course - FSG have shown they’re quite happy to throw the Club’s money about liberally when they want to, so this whole ‘Liverpool work on a shoestring budget’ line is nothing more than a disingenuous myth peddled to the point of becoming the accepted truth by their obsequious media lackeys.

This is more about the willingness of their owners to break their own transfer record and the transfer record for an English player when they’re actively trying to get out of the Club.

These are their own potential profits from owning the club which they’d be sacrificing to bring in at a player the next regime would likely get all the credit for - which is the bit that doesn’t make any sense.

Owners in any field just don’t behave like this when they’re trying to sell.

The only way I see then getting him - given Dortmund will play hard ball and won’t be interested in their attempts at negotiating the fee down - is if they have new owners in place by the summer.

In which case, I’d say he’s more than likely to be their statement signing kicking off a new era.

I understand the Gerrard hate but I am a passionate England fan too, plus he did a great job of winding up my Villa mates who couldn't wait to tell me that his arrival was a sign that the club were back in the bigtime when they got him!

May not mean much to you bit generally Villa fans are the worst in the Midlands, probably how you see Liverpool fans I'd imagine?

No the dippers are the biggest set of cunts across the board - especially their " supporters " who post on this site trying to be fucking clever .

Pep is too classy to work for a set of bandits like John Henry and FSG.

Klopp is just a puppet without principles who will take it up the arse from the owners whenever required, like his propaganda rants against clubs who properly invest in their clubs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.