Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take it too literally mate, Kane was boxed off too.

As you rightly state, players can even change their mind after a medical.

In regards of everything being done prior to a player signing, we have done that.

There is more to procuring a top name than just the final signature.

Agents, parents, player relationships and, most importantly, the finances all need to be boxed off.

Haaland gave us his word relatively early, but City were confident he wasn't the type of character to go back on it.

I see Jude being of similar outlooks. He wants to improve, he likely sees himself playing in Spain one day.

He and his parents had the strength of mind and character to snub United when Ferguson, Cantona and Robson were all waiting to welcome them at the gates of Carrington.

United were also offering £17m more to Birmingham and wages three times what he is currently on at Dortmund.

If his mindset is to be winning in England straight away, on his envisaged career path, moving to Liverpool would be crazy.

He would have to run his deal down to escape, look how long they left Mane and Salah waiting on new deals.

Added to Liverpool wanting to recoup a £100m outlay, it doesn't make financial sense right now.

Liverpool cannot be considered title contenders again and Jude is in a rush.

Especially so, if Liverpool don't even have Champions League football to offer.

Bellingham has seen City up close four times now and his best pal has been also briefing how great things are under Pep.

If all we are saying is Jude is tempted by playing with a veteran Jordan Henderson and Terrence Trent-Derby, his mum used to like John Barnes, then our chances are better than I thought.

It's about his football not finances. We win on both and to learn from the master of midfield coaching.
If he wants to hang around Liverpool one with hendo every weekend and go for walks on the Albert docks with Trent then that’s fine
He can drive half an hour from Manchester and do that while winning trophies.
I’m fact he can take Phil and Erling along as well for the day

Don't take it too literally mate, Kane was boxed off too.
He was and it still fell through. Very different club we are dealing with here though. Every angle you look at this, it makes sense, particularly if you put yourself in Jude's shoes. I can't remember how old he is as thats a closely guarded secret but he has at least 5 years with us and a good spell with a Spanish club and would still be in his prime at the end of that period.

I suspect the whole Trent and Henderson thing is the public face of the Liverpool bid.
Whereas in the background you probably have foden, grealish and haaland in his ear.
At the end of the day he will decide where he goes
But don’t underestimate that Liverpool might not be in the champions league and they might have new owners. They could have zero money to spend or they could have wealthy new owners
theres a lot to look at before he commits to anyone
City is a more stable option, but the dipper media campaign is in full swing.

Mahrez won't be going anywhere with the contract he signed in the summer, he is happy with what he has left of his career with us.

I do think Gundo and Bernie will be off and that is the carrot, similar to Erling replacing Sergio that we are using.

It would also remove a massive wedge from our wage bill and essentially cover the Jude wages.

If Gundo has an attractive offer from a club on the continent, he would be well within his rights to wait until the end of the season before deciding if an extension is what he would like.

City would naturally accommodate him.

We have to be looking further ahead than just those two?

Kev is 31 and has maybe another 18 months as a guaranteed starter.

I want Bernie to stay more than anything.

Mahrez has joined the Cheshire Set...

Regarding the ageing of our midfield, you have to keep the longer-term in mind and keep refreshing the squad. I wouldn't want to lose Bernie but we are pretty sure he wants to go to sunnier climes so if we can get a young player like Bellingham in, it could be very good business.

Not to be a ball buster, but if the worst comes to fruition, the world ain't going to stop turning and we remain still the best team in the PL and one of the best in the world. Our pull is immense, and our funds are ( cough cough ) quite significant.

Jude obviously has a magnificent career ahead of him, and I'm sure he will do great things for any team he signs for.

I again must reiterate, with small exceptions since Pep has arrived our transfers and retention as well as "letting go" policy has been pristine and that's where I place my trust in the board, and the club. If the deal becomes Mbappe level, I certainly cannot see us staying around, and to my personal preference we should invest in other areas ( Wings, RB/LB ) before anything else but the certainty is we need a CM box to box.

We have different priorities and transfer policies than most clubs in the world, and to our advantage the quality is very clearly on display, as well as the results, coaching team, board and ownership, so despite the "wooing" needed by some teams, players that want to come to us will, irrelevant of mates, mums and grannies "fanship". This is an enterprise hell bent of internal domination and growth, with a record that speaks for itself both in sustainability and in actual on field results. The rest is just posturing and very hungry "journalists" who simply have to suck cock to eat a bread if you get my swing.

I must highlight the case regarding Kane, Cucurella as they created another whirling spree of opinions, however as it has always been, hyped up transfers end of mediocre at best with some hilarious results on field, where it fucking matters. Need I remind people of Alexis? Biggest flop I have ever seen in my life, how about Ronaldo? Another brain storming pathetic display of twitter imbeciles signalling only for it to end with a pathetic display of drama and trauma to the smeg ridden swamp. How's Cucurella been? Because in my eyes this season, even with the tinge of subjectivity he's a Delph with more hair.

So Jude can join, or he won't and he'll be hyped like Jesus the redeemer but let's see where these clubs go come "pulling you pants down" moments, aka trophies. Either way, next summer we are getting a CM, and I'll be damned if as usual we don't end up with the best product for us, that will help us to keep on winning, like we always have for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.