Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point still stands. There isn't a particular transfer fee that magically makes player's knees wobble.

Those players you listed were never worth those fees. It's not like the pressure got to them, it's more a case of the likes of Grealish never being worth £100m in the first place. The only exception there would be the incredibly talented Ousmane Dembele but he's a ****, his attitude is shit and he's made of rice paper.

Bellingham's dealt with playing men's football as a boy. He's dealt with being the most expensive 17 year old in history. He's dealt with playing Champions League and international games at the same age. He's dealt with wearing the armband. And so on. I really don't think you need to worry about him feeling the pressure.
So you feel he is worth 100-130 million?

Strongly disagree. I guess if he signs we will find out.

If the going rate is £100m for the likes of Grealish and Lukaku then he'd be a bargain at the same price.
We made a mistake with grealish, Chelsea made a mistake with lukaku and narrowly escaped making a mistake when we back out from signing kane and Harry. Other than Mbappe no one in the current market is worth that price

We made a mistake with grealish, Chelsea made a mistake with lukaku and narrowly escaped making a mistake when we back out from signing kane and Harry. Other than Mbappe no one in the current market is worth that price

My instinct is to mostly agree with that but then the fact that clubs keep dropping these fees on unremarkable players suggests maybe our view is outdated and that there are plenty of players out there "worth" the money.

I’m hoping he’d bring an energetic spark in midfield if we get him. Compliment the rest of the players around him.

i'm honestly not comparing the two. but we haven't seen anything from Kalvin Philips yet. he may bring some midfield energy, even if not necessarily a spark.

Very true. It’s easy to forget he’s here (frustratingly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.