Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is nobody concerned about the amount of games he has already played. If you look at it he could be 26 by games played. I worry he is entering his prime now and be burned out at 26. Like players before him who played that much since 16.

We have to decide quickly whether we want him at that price or not. The last thing we want to do is set our own price and wait for Dortmund to budge (which probably won't happen) while Bernie and Gundo leave.

We should have secondary reliable back up targets, and avoid a Kane like situation where we end up with nothing in the end.

What will affect his decision to go to one club rather than another? A few years ago, when he was still 17, he came across as sensible and articulate - balanced, mature beyond his years. Apart from money (he's probably already got more than he could have ever dreamed of, and plenty more to come wherever he goes) there is only his career as a player at the very top level. At 17 he did look really top level, with people wondering what he'd be like at 20. There are some on this forum who follow German football and can speak from seeing him play (I can't) but I haven't heard anything to suggest that 3 years at Dortmund have helped to improve his game significantly. I have seen him playing for England; plenty of hype ("Bellingham goes past one man(!), past a second(!!) ... goodness me etc.) but nothing, to my way of thinking, that is in any way extraordinary. Being sensible he will know that. So where do you go? What did Liverpool offer (the Anfield narrative appears to be that he had agreed/shown interest/desire etc. but FSG objected to the price)? Him at the centre with a new, young vibrant team to be built around him? Play every game? I wonder if that last point might be important to him. Maybe I'm seeing this through blue tinted spectacles but I'd have thought that, if you want to develop as a player while playing at a top club, there's only one way to go at the moment - to Pep. Jude will have seen Sancho at United, compared it to Haaland at City and drawn the obvious conclusions. But will he be content to be on the bench sometimes, subbed when necessary and told to change if Pep thinks it desirable?
Conclusion is that, being mature and sensible, he'll want to sign for City. But does Pep see a way forward with Jude in the team? I haven't a clue but I am quite sure that Pep will have thought long and hard about it, and won't be driven by the hype.

Sorry boys. Seen this on Facebook:

Jude Bellingham has ruled out joining Manchester City, PSG and Chelsea, according to BILD.

The England midfielder wants to play for a prestigious club with values like "passion, honour, and reputation", rather than money.
Ah well he must be off to the People Club, Everton or join up with that wonderful CEO Daniel Levy.
Sorry lads and lasses but shit happens.

So what have you seen in any game where Bellingham has played against a good midfield where he looks like we should be signing for any more than about £60m?

Who is he technically better than/level with, as we already have (this is a rhetorical question really because it’s so ridiculous to say he’s technically better than de Bruyne, Gundogan, Bernardo, Foden…)?

I’ve watched him in eleven games this season and in all seven when he played against a good midfield, he was poor, and in a few of those he was genuinely terrible.
Probably the same things Txiki and Pep have seen. Maybe it’s you that’s missing something in those whole 11 games you’ve watched.

Also we get it, you don’t want to buy him, any reason you just have to keep telling us?

The narrative around Bellingham has always humoured me. The way Bellingham is supposedly pining & begging Liverpool for them to sign him and the only reason they aren’t is because FSG won’t pay up. It’s hilarious.

Bellingham has not said one thing about any team, especially not liverpool. It’s just made up nonsense by the scouse media to appease their fans!

“Bellingham ruling himself out of City, chelsea and PSG as we’re a soulless club”. It’s hilarious as the scousers actually believe that story (Madrid too)

If anything the silence works in City’s favour considering the way we work regarding to Transfers. NDAs signed etc (potentially) so silence is a good sign, especially when United start to get linked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.