Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see him used in the position Stones was against Liverpool. Sat next to Rodri and able to help shield the defence, link up play, and get in and around the box to help with chance creation when needed. Stones obviously played this to perfection the other day but Bellingham carries far more goal threat and is probably better suited to that role overall seeing as he has actually played there before. This would probably signal a move towards having our current system of three ATB be the main one, and seeing some of our results recently and the way we’ve been playing, I’m all for it!
Good shout that…and welcome to BM

Plus he's only 17 so has at least 9 years left.
Yeah so true.

Also that poster is surely aware that Bellingham has made 128 first team appearances. At an average of 50 games per season that equates to around two and a half seasons of club football.

What player is he thinking of that is in their prime after that length of time? KDB hadn’t even signed for Wolfsburg by the time he had made that many appearances.

Moral of the story is that people talking a great load of shite.

Feels like to us this would be a statement signing, possible future England captain et
To Madrid I just can’t see them being that arsed
Not at the price touted
I think it’s dortmund trying to drive the price up and Madrid trying to look big
Only rival would be Qatar United or Hollywood chelsea
so need to box it off soon

So what have you seen in any game where Bellingham has played against a good midfield where he looks like we should be signing for any more than about £60m?

Who is he technically better than/level with, as we already have (this is a rhetorical question really because it’s so ridiculous to say he’s technically better than de Bruyne, Gundogan, Bernardo, Foden…)?

I’ve watched him in eleven games this season and in all seven when he played against a good midfield, he was poor, and in a few of those he was genuinely terrible.

His strengths are nothing to do with being technical anyway for a start. He's also 19. Do you think Gundogan was the player he is now at that age, likewise De Bruyne? Bellingham is up and down with his performances which is perfectly normal for a 19 year old. Even more so in an average team like Dortmund. Nobody is making him out to be the second coming of Messi.

I suppose you think most of the top clubs in Europe are interested in him because he's a good looking lad? Clown.

FWIW - My view when we talk about money as Bellingham seems massively over priced and a sensible fan could consider City is more prudent spending elsewhere. Which is my view.

When Pep renewed previously, I know as part of the deal transfer targets where spoke and it was agreed City would go all out for Grealish and Kane. They genuinely believed a deal could be done for £100 million for each, obviously Grealish could and Kane’s brother was full of sh-it (despite Harry’s best efforts).

Not saying Pep would not have renewed etc. but it was important for him that the club showed commitment and ambition.

It stands to reason that a similar thing would have happened this renewal and whether it was 2 or 1 I have no idea, but I (and this is guess) feel that we may have agreed to go out and try and get Bellingham. So as part of the Pep deal could be buying arguably the best 19 y.o CM in the world.

So there could be more at play then just signing Bellingham, it can be part of Pep believing he is at the right club that is prepared to back him.
I would think given how smooth the Haaland deal went, that the relationship between Dortmund and City is very good and could be reached amicably….. I would not be surprised if a deal involved one or two youth prospects making their way over as part of a deal either….

Am I being nieve in thinking the price dortmund get doesn't come down to an auction, if the lad only wants city or Madrid and no other club then the price can't get silly obviously dortmund will not sell at a silly low price but can't hold out for mega bucks

Although I rate him highly I personally see him doing better for Liverpool. He will be better in a team where he's considered the main man, or one of them. For Liverpool he would be exactly that going forward, along with Nunez. For ourselves he will just be another excellent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.