Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt any deal is cast in stone at this stage. Not in the interests of Dortmund or Bellingham to turn this into a one horse race this early.

Bellingham's camp will have a clear idea of broad packages on offer and impact on any sponsorship deals he may have in place and where the combination leaves him but will no doubt be keen to squeeze out maximum money overall which is fair enough from his camps point of view

Can only see Bellingham's camp making a decision at this stage if there hand was forced by one of the clubs threatening to pull out to pressure Bellingham into stating which club he wants and help reduce the price.

Don't think that is City's style but definitely Madrid's and could backfire with Dortmund and player.

Am confident we will offer a very competitive package to player and club but will also have a plan B even if that's extending Gundogan for 2 years if no player of the right quality is available although I do rate Maccalister.

Think we will go for Gvardiol as well.

If he's also said yes to Real Madrid then we can consider it over in my opinion. We will not get involved in an auction. City's strategy tends to be players with a release clause where we can agree personal terms and know exactly what we are going to spend. It's all planned for and budgeted. Haggling over a player who is happy to go to either team isn't something we'll entertain. We've been there before and rarely, if ever, has it worked for us under Txiki. There aren't many, if any examples, of a player with lots of offers choosing us over the other team. That's most likely to be because we refuse to enter into an auction where we have to keep upping salaries/bonuses and haggle with the selling club on price. Even when we're the only club interested as with Kane, we don't end up doing the deal.

I still think jude gonna be a blue
agreed-snoop-dogg.gif

I’ve said this numerous times but I’ll say it again… City are not daft, if we truly want Bellingham then any deal or agreement would have been done during the Haaland negotiations.
So for me, Dortmund know our price, they know if the player wishes to join us and City the same. We have zero need to come out and confirm our intent as all parties will already know the scores.
If we want him and he wants to come then it’s a done deal and any Real news is tomorrows chip paper (showing my age). If he joins Real, which I still doubt, then he’s either getting a bigger wage or we haven’t been interested from the off.
I’d like him at City, I think Pep can turn him into something very special but I also can see City looking at the price and seeing the potential to buy some diamonds in the rough instead… who? I’ve no idea but all this from City’s point of view was discussed when we purchased Haaland and Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.