Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's also said yes to Real Madrid then we can consider it over in my opinion. We will not get involved in an auction. City's strategy tends to be players with a release clause where we can agree personal terms and know exactly what we are going to spend. It's all planned for and budgeted. Haggling over a player who is happy to go to either team isn't something we'll entertain. We've been there before and rarely, if ever, has it worked for us under Txiki. There aren't many, if any examples, of a player with lots of offers choosing us over the other team. That's most likely to be because we refuse to enter into an auction where we have to keep upping salaries/bonuses and haggle with the selling club on price. Even when we're the only club interested as with Kane, we don't end up doing the deal.
Haaland had his choice of every club in world football.

Haaland had his choice of every club in world football.

He said yes to us and only us and he had a release clause so there was never an issue with his price spiralling like with Harry Kane. Dortmund just had to sit back and watch him go where he wanted. This transfer is different. We need to get Jude to confirm he wants us but then there's still the game to be played with Dortmund on what he costs. The more parties they can get interested the higher the fee, and it sounds like these reports are from their end despite their rumoured request for silence until the end of the season.

If Jude confirms to us he only wants to play for City then we'll go to Dortmund on that basis. If he's also happy to go to Real Madrid then we'll walk away in my opinion. We wont go to auction for him, especially if we can go and get someone else for a fixed price. The trouble is, I don't see any alternative midfield options with a release clause. We'll be looking at significant fees if we chase anyone at Brighton, so Bellingham probably still represents the best business, considering his age and marketing ability being an English lad and the national team's star boy.

He said yes to us and only us and he had a release clause so there was never an issue with his price spiralling like with Harry Kane. Dortmund just had to sit back and watch him go where he wanted. This transfer is different. We need to get Jude to confirm he wants us but then there's still the game to be played with Dortmund on what he costs. The more parties they can get interested the higher the fee, and it sounds like these reports are from their end despite their rumoured request for silence until the end of the season.

If Jude confirms to us he only wants to play for City then we'll go to Dortmund on that basis. If he's also happy to go to Real Madrid then we'll walk away in my opinion. We wont go to auction for him, especially if we can go and get someone else for a fixed price. The trouble is, I don't see any alternative midfield options with a release clause. We'll be looking at significant fees if we chase anyone at Brighton, so Bellingham probably still represents the best business, considering his age and marketing ability being an English lad and the national team's star boy.

Haaland and his team is listing a club with points before deciding to move so Haaland deciding only us is just a bull, like any other top player they will weighing their options before deciding where they next option will be.

If we need a plan B - maybe put big money on the table and test Arsenal’s resilience re Odegaard
Odegaard would be nice, linking Haaland back up with an NT Teammate, But he’s closer to KDB than gundogan/Bellingham/barella

Been a while, is the Jude deal truly dead in the water? i don't get the impression it is especially if you look at Mario Cortegana's report (Madrid mouthpiece for the Athletic), Says Madrid have a yes from Bellingham but have yet to put forward an offer to Dortmund for the player. Seems to me like City still have an outside chance as there hasn't been a club brief that we are completely out of the race just yet

Been a while, is the Jude deal truly dead in the water? i don't get the impression it is especially if you look at Mario Cortegana's report (Madrid mouthpiece for the Athletic), Says Madrid have a yes from Bellingham but have yet to put forward an offer to Dortmund for the player. Seems to me like City still have an outside chance as there hasn't been a club brief that we are completely out of the race just yet
Not dead no but I think it's unlikely. City won't be too impressed his dad is still hawking him round Europe to get a better deal. City have dealt with Dortmund plenty in the past and would have known the figures but if Jude isn't committed then good luck to him.

just can shake the feeling that this is being set up to use that narrative that moneybag city at it again.

real not wanting to pay more than 100million euros and Dortmund wanting 150 million euros.

dortmund knowing full well city are interest and are willing to pay it.

the timing of their upcoming game against us and them losing 2/3 of their last laliga games.

city not really in the press with links to other players.

cant help but feel like in a couple of weeks its going to be city out bid us ect ect.... like the haaland and other narratives they use like you have to lower wages to play for us ect.

time will tell... if we dont get him fair dos txiki will end up signing some other fantastic players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.