Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
more to this than meets to eye!

Personally don’t think that brief is us backing down, more that we’re not getting involved with the media shit.

Correct. It’s City telling Real Madrid they still haven’t made their move yet. (hopefully)

In every respect. We are more stable, better run, better managed and we treat players better. When I hear a cIty fan intimate that a player will choose someone else because they have more fans I know that the jealousy from United fans has broken them.
Having a big fan base, is detrimental to the hard core fan. The rags being a prime example. The glazers have raped that club for years, in the knowledge,that no matter how much that lack success, the seats will always sell, and the shop will always thrive.

I hate it when City fans talk like this. It’s Likkle Cityitus.

City are a more attractive destination than Real Madrid now.
We are a huge draw for ANY player but saying a player lacks focus or direction in wanting to sign for Real Madrid is utter fantasy, that was the point I was making.

And finally if you look in the Bellingham thread you will see I have posted that I have seen nothing that makes me think Bellingham will not be in our shirt in June, NOTHING.

As you are well aware we have a big fixture against Madrid on Tuesday and the Bellingham to Madrid rumours have appeared, coincidence, is it %uck.

Last edited:
Football wise, yes possibly. Location and history wise,
we are miles off.
Stick your history and glamour locations up your arse. If that's important to you, then we don't need that type of person at City. KDB Aguero Dave Vinny and all those who have PL medals have played their own part in our history, and now they can have their day back in the sun

History is from years ago, these are young lads,who kick a football around.
I don't think history will be the first thing on their minds or on their cv's.
History is for rival supporters who have no other stick to beat us with.

I genuinely don’t think many players give a fuck about history. They care about the here and now, and what will improve their career or lifestyle.
To play the devil’s advocate, I wonder if ‘fan base size’ could play into a player’s ability to negotiate contracts with companies and brands outside of the said club?

For example, if club A has ~10k fans (aka reach), and club B has ~5k fans, then maybe I as a player get a better deal with brand XYZ if I’m at club A because of higher reach for the brand?

Outside of fan base size, I can only assume players would view ‘history’ as another term for prestige? It’s not completely beyond the realm of possibility that a person would prefer getting employed at a relatively more ‘prestigious’ company if on the cards.

For example in most white collar professions people often pick ‘bigger’ companies in terms of brand even if they have top offers from promising start ups or really good mid sized companies, because of the prestige aspect on their resume.

I’m not suggesting these are the only two facets that determine a player’s decision (clearly not as we’ve signed several top players over the years), but could be how they look at it.

I don’t really know.

Football wise, yes possibly. Location and history wise,
we are miles off.

Well actually history wise we are quite similar. Both clubs have had huge success thanks to corruption. One thanks to a fascist dictator and...well I'm not sure about Real Madrid's!!!

Come on. Success and history are very different. The history of our football club is fantastic. And the players don't care about it anyway. You don't get a medal for past successes.

I could be wrong but I think we were the first team to do the clean sweep of League, FA Cup, League Cup and a European trophy.

To play the devil’s advocate, I wonder if ‘fan base size’ could play into a player’s ability to negotiate contracts with companies and brands outside of the said club?

For example, if club A has ~10k fans (aka reach), and club B has ~5k fans, then maybe I as a player get a better deal with brand XYZ if I’m at club A because of higher reach for the brand?

Outside of fan base size, I can only assume players would view ‘history’ as another term for prestige? It’s not completely beyond the realm of possibility that a person would prefer getting employed at a relatively more ‘prestigious’ company if on the cards.

For example in most white collar professions people often pick ‘bigger’ companies in terms of brand even if they have top offers from promising start ups or really good mid sized companies, because of the prestige aspect on their resume.

I’m not suggesting these are the only two facets that determine a player’s decision (clearly not as we’ve signed several top players over the years), but could be how they look at it.

I don’t really know.
For a vast majority of players it's a job and about how much money they can gather in their career, the titles, medals and awards are all bonuses.

Happiness, lifestyle and location are all a huge part of any deal.

For the rest and a tiny minority, it's about becoming the best they can as an individual, titles and awards are EVERYTHING, fortunately we have had plenty of this type of player in our shirt over the last decade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.