Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't really kept up with the thread so no doubt am repeating a point that's been made several times before. From the relatively little I've seen of the player, he obviously has fantastic potential but has a lot of improvement in him yet.

If I were him, I'd think that working under Pep for at least a couple of seasons at this stage would be the key to ensuring that such potential is unlocked to the maximum degree. That would override any other consideration for me right now. If it doesn't from him then IMO he's being badly advised.

...... He shouldn't have to be advised. He is an adult with a functioning brain, presumably. City make the most sense for him right now.

If he was 5 years older, achieved it all, then I could question it. But, right now, if he can't see that, and his advisers don't see it, we shouldn't be worried about missing out on him.

Haven't really kept up with the thread so no doubt am repeating a point that's been made several times before. From the relatively little I've seen of the player, he obviously has fantastic potential but has a lot of improvement in him yet.

If I were him, I'd think that working under Pep for at least a couple of seasons at this stage would be the key to ensuring that such potential is unlocked to the maximum degree. That would override any other consideration for me right now. If it doesn't from him then IMO he's being badly advised.

He's been well advised so far. He had options to leave Birmingham the season before he established himself there and chose Dortmund because it was a clear path to progression. He's England's star player now as a result.

If you had Real Madrid or City as options then we're the safer and therefore more logical one to take. You'll make good money at either. He's got the best manager in the world here, a lot of recent success and players like Stones and Grealish have shown that hard work and listening to Pep improve you and you then play. We've also got a clear track record of letting players go when they want to move on. That's a huge positive if he has ambitions to play somewhere else or fears he will not get as much game time as he wants. We don't have a settled 11, we clearly need new midfield options and it makes sense to come to us rather than go to Real where I'm sure he'd succeed, but there's a bigger risk he is an outcast and ends up rotting.

I think he'll follow Haaland's route and join us here. I'm sure having Haaland and other English lads, they'll convince him.

29 minutes into this, Rodrigo Faez discusses Bellingham.

He's the first journo to really talk about City's end of the Bellingham story completely. He says "We spoke to our Man City sources over the weekend and they were shocked how Spanish media were reporting on Bellingham. They were like 'we are leading this race still'"

And then, of course, mentions what Ornstein & Stone got briefed yesterday. I'm wondering if we've perhaps told our English journos that we're still confident but not to report on it?

His City sources seemed VERY confident.

I'm sure it city's respect to dortmund and our current playing stagf

I just shared it!

It's not over.
NauticalColorfulGander-max-1mb.gif

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.