Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 years old, working under Pep and learning from Kev… I think it’s a pretty good idea.

Don’t think he’d fit in CM a Pep system at all

Nowhere near good enough on the ball, he’s a box to box midfielder who goes direct with his powerful runs into the and shots.

We don’t play with midfielders like that under Pep, the ability to recieve the ball in tight spaces under pressure and dictate the tempo are our pre-requisites.

Maybe you could teach him some of the things but it would take years and he’d never be as smooth as a natural in that position.

What would be the point spending £150m on someone who can’t do the things you need them to but is excellent at stuff he’ll never get the chance to do.
Guardiola didn't play with an out and out striker either.

Surprised people don't see how good he is. There always seems to be this kind of talk when we're linked with a big money move for someone but he is the exact type of midfielder I'd want as a replacement for Bernardo.

He's not Bernardo's level yet but Bernardo wasn't Bernardo's level until his mid twenties. He was winger who couldn't last over 60 minutes until Pep worked his magic on him.

But like I said, just surprised some can't see how good Jude Bellingham is and I imagine that perception will shift rapidly as soon as his City career gets underway. Hopefully it happens.
Well people are pretty skeptical because your talent or technical ability do not improve as you age, you either have it or you don’t. The only thing that improves as he ages is his tactical understanding of the game. Can’t blame people for failing to see anything special, he is just a functional midfielder which is why it is baffling that people are saying 150m euros on him.

If he isn’t a Pep type of player we won’t consider him. If we buy him whatever the fee it’s because he is a Pep type of player.

Interested to know why someone would think he's not a Pep kind of player. I've not watched him a huge amount but he seems to be technically and physically strong all round and he comes across as bright and of good mentallity; plus he is - as we are constantly reminded - still young and ripe for Pep's coaching.

He's also the kind of player that is uber useful in English football, which Pep is not oblivious about.

Some people would say that Haaland isn't a Pep type of player!

Back to Bellingham. I note at least one headline today suggesting City have the edge in the race to sign Bellingham; it will be intersting to see how that narrative goes. We know people on here have expressed confidence that City will get him if they want him.

Well people are pretty skeptical because your talent or technical ability do not improve as you age, you either have it or you don’t. The only thing that improves as he ages is his tactical understanding of the game. Can’t blame people for failing to see anything special, he is just a functional midfielder which is why it is baffling that people are saying 150m euros on him.

I think there are plenty of people who have played at the top level that think he is more than just a functional midfielder.

I think there are plenty of people who have played at the top level that think he is more than just a functional midfielder.

Yes, but these so called experts, ex professionals etc…. Have got nothing on the armchair intellects of this here forum….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.