Jude Bellingham

Bellingham winds me up like many on here and I 100% can agree with most of the negatives. However I also agree with most of the positives. His arrogance is his super power. The system might be better if he was more humble and disciplined but Southgate isn't a systems coach so there is a good chance it'd still be bad you just won't have the cocky Muppet scoring over head kicks in the dying seconds.

You could argue all day that this team isnt creating chances because Bellingham isn't a 10 or whatever but that is ignoring the presence of Southgate. He needs to be in the team just for the inspiration.

Some players like Rodri, Silva, Foden utilise space - some players like Bellingham and Beckham utilise narrative. Both are powerful football forces

The most important thing is that he doesn't create a rift within the group of players around him. If he is as egotistical and conceited as he is made out to be, then tensions within the squad will escalate. He wouldn't be the first player to cause unrest within the dressing room, as anyone will tell you, but despite Southgate's glaring incompetence I do get the impression he keeps a happy camp, and that things are (and will remain) amicable and harmonious under his leadership.

Bellingham winds me up like many on here and I 100% can agree with most of the negatives. However I also agree with most of the positives. His arrogance is his super power. The system might be better if he was more humble and disciplined but Southgate isn't a systems coach so there is a good chance it'd still be bad you just won't have the cocky Muppet scoring over head kicks in the dying seconds.

You could argue all day that this team isnt creating chances because Bellingham isn't a 10 or whatever but that is ignoring the presence of Southgate. He needs to be in the team just for the inspiration.

Some players like Rodri, Silva, Foden utilise space - some players like Bellingham and Beckham utilise narrative. Both are powerful football forces
Arrogance is a weakness NOT a power, confidence in one's abilities is all well and good but when it crosses the line into arrogance you'll only ever get problems not solutions

Arrogance is a weakness NOT a power, confidence in one's abilities is all well and good but when it crosses the line into arrogance you'll only ever get problems not solutions
No one can say that Kevin and Phil lack confidence, but arrogant they are not.

Whilst I do not agree with the statement that Bellingham is “on the path to mediocrity”

So you agree with the one point I made and you’ve written an angry essay disagreeing with a load of shite I never actually said.

What a fantastic waste of time.

So you agree with the one point I made and you’ve written an angry essay disagreeing with a load of shite I never actually said.

What a fantastic waste of time.
I disagreed with a point you made in comparison of Bellingham with Foden (you made several “points” in your post), and also pointed out you were wrong about his age when he joined/played for Real Madrid, among other things, which made the premise of your post faulty.

You seem to be upset because you were called out for it.

My “essay” wasn’t angry in the slightest. But your response is typically belligerent.

Well done also continuing your strategy of selective quoting posts so you don’t have to acknowledge where you were wrong or the elements of your original position that have been shown to be weak or outright nonsense. I think this is a streak of three-in-a-row with me alone.

Last edited:

Careful giving Bellingham anything vaguely resembling praise or credit on this thread. You'll be shot down in flames by those on here who have cast him as the second coming of Satan regardless of what he does.

When you look at the players who've been battling it out to be seen as "best in the world" over the past 10-15 years I think you can get a good steer on where arrogance leads.

Messi and Modric have continued to remain influential at the highest level in the latter part of their careers and have remained integral to their national sides. Whereas to me it's always felt as though Ronaldo and Neymar's egos have come at a cost their national sides.

Ask any other player in the squad "Who writes the scripts?" and I'd bet that (with the possible exception of Arnold) not a single one of them would answer "I do!" like that twat did.

The most capable are, or should be, the most humble; so the question is, is Bellingham hiding his humility or is he grossly inflating his talent?

The very fact that he displays arrogance should answer that question for you.

I disagreed with a point you made in comparison of Bellingham with Foden

The only time I mentioned Foden was to say that he wasn’t the finished article at 18.

You obviously dont disagree with that, because it would be incredibly stupid to when Pep and Phil are both on record as saying how much his game has progressed and matured since then and how he wasn’t complete at 18.

So like I said, what you actually did was disagree with( and write an angry rant about) a point I didn’t make, as per.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.