Jude Bellingham

Bellingham was 19 when he signed for Real Madrid and turned 20 two weeks later. At that point, he had only won the 2021 DFB-Pokal (German Cup) with Dortmund. That’s it; not even a youth international trophy. He did receive Bundesligs POTY in 2022/23 and some EFL player awards (which, let’s be frank, are not that impressive compared to awards in the top echelons of football).

His first major trophies in his career (La Liga and Champions League) came last season, for which he contributed at “star level” for the first half of each campaign. He was mediocre in the second half of the La Liga season and fairly poor in the Champions League knockout rounds. He was out shown in both comps by the likes of Vini Jr and Valverde (the latter of which I actually credit for enabling most of Bellingham’s success at Real Madrid to date). He turned 21 a little over a week ago.

By the time Foden turned 20 he had won the FA cup, the League Cup three times, the Premier League twice, the 2017 U17 Euros, and the 2017 U17 World Cup (at which he was awarded the Golden Ball). He won the Premier League (for the third time), the FA Cup (for the second time), helped City to the Champions League final, and won the PL YPOTS and PFA YPOTY awards the year he turned 21.

Foden’s accomplishments are objectively more impressive, given they were at much higher levels of competition than Bellingham’s.

But one is being treated like a generational talent and global superstar, whilst the other one has been played out of position at the Euros to accommodate the former and is currently being targeted by the media to be dropped for the semi-final, as if he is the cause of England’s woes.

Whilst I do not agree with the statement that Bellingham is “on the path to mediocrity” (though, I do think he is well on his way to Cristiano Ronaldo levels of ego and entitlement, with nowhere near the ability or achievement to back it up), I do wholly disagree with your seeming assessment that Bellingham has been equally as impressive as Foden through the same early age/development stages.
There is a fine line between Dele Alli levels and Bellingham's current. Both have a petulant streak (although Bellingham isn't as dirty). Southgate had a prime Alli at his disposal as well.

There is a fine line between Dele Alli levels and Bellingham's current. Both have a petulant streak (although Bellingham isn't as dirty). Southgate had a prime Alli at his disposal as well.
Bellingham’s ego and sense of entitlement are already far past anything Dele Alli ever achieved.

An 18 year old tailing off for a few weeks while carrying an injury after 3 seasons of non-stop improvements that catapulted him from academy football to worldwide household name? Appalling!!!

Seriously listen to yourself. He’s a few weeks removed from an absolutely incredible debut season and even now when he’s supposed to be playing badly, he was England's best player in the first game and scored the likely goal of the tournament to keep England alive in the 4th.

And that’s while apparently playing for the worst coach in international football.
Can you please tell me where you bought your rose tinted glasses from?Would like to buy a pair for myself. Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
There’s something weird about his mouth and I just realized who he reminds me of.
Blakey from on the buses.

FDL7gvFWEAUhcUn.jpg

He isn't a #10 especially in the current England set up. Whilst he isn't terrible on the ball I wouldn't call him particularly outstanding either. He does have good movement and he is a good finsher with good dribbling skill but again not quite Zidane levels.
Agreed

Bellingham was 19 when he signed for Real Madrid and turned 20 two weeks later. At that point, he had only won the 2021 DFB-Pokal (German Cup) with Dortmund. That’s it; not even a youth international trophy. He did receive Bundesligs POTY in 2022/23 and some EFL player awards (which, let’s be frank, are not that impressive compared to awards in the top echelons of football).

His first major trophies in his career (La Liga and Champions League) came last season, for which he contributed at “star level” for the first half of each campaign. He was mediocre in the second half of the La Liga season and fairly poor in the Champions League knockout rounds. He was out shown in both comps by the likes of Vini Jr and Valverde (the latter of which I actually credit for enabling most of Bellingham’s success at Real Madrid to date). He turned 21 a little over a week ago.

By the time Foden turned 20 he had won the FA cup, the League Cup three times, the Premier League twice, the 2017 U17 Euros, and the 2017 U17 World Cup (at which he was awarded the Golden Ball). He won the Premier League (for the third time), the FA Cup (for the second time), helped City to the Champions League final, and won the PL YPOTS and PFA YPOTY awards the year he turned 21.

Foden’s accomplishments are objectively more impressive, given they were at much higher levels of competition than Bellingham’s.

But one is being treated like a generational talent and global superstar, whilst the other one has been played out of position at the Euros to accommodate the former and is currently being targeted by the media to be dropped for the semi-final, as if he is the cause of England’s woes.

Whilst I do not agree with the statement that Bellingham is “on the path to mediocrity” (though, I do think he is well on his way to Cristiano Ronaldo levels of ego and entitlement, with nowhere near the ability or achievement to back it up), I do wholly disagree with your seeming assessment that Bellingham has been equally as impressive as Foden through the same early age/development stages.
The difference is who they play for, simples my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.