Jude Bellingham

Great goal, sublime.

At some point it’s going to bite you on the arse, you cant carry a player for 90 minutes praying he gets you a goal, Southgate’s hill to die on though as it seems Bellingham is immune to getting subbed.

When we’re out of possession there’s nothing worse than seeing a player walking around, run around ffs and try and get the ball back.

He dives like fuck too, not sure how he got away without a booking when he tried diving for a pen, Lee Dixon reckoned he slipped lol.

Never had anything against him before this tournament so will give him the benefit of the doubt.

But for an obviously talented player there's never been a 10 that sees or makes decent passes less.

Singlehandedly neutralising Phil and Saka by taking 20 seconds to dribble into the first man and crawl about on the grass a bit

Is the consensus that he was shit apart from the goal? Like properly shit. He saved Southgate his job.
That seems to be the consensus yes. I didn't think he was shit. He wasn't that involved really barring one or 2 decent bursts forward with the ball that had their defence backing off him. Subdued in the main like he's been most of the tournament.

I'm somewhere in the middle with him. The hype around him is pretty gross he's nowhere near as generational as we're being led to believe. I think he's got quality and is capable of being in the right place at the right time with moments of quality like his goal tonight. I also think he's operating at close to his potential because of his physicality at a young age..leads me to think he'll hit his peak pretty early.

Equally I think the hate towards him from some is just wasted energy and clouds the judgement of some when it comes to his own performance and influence on the team. This England side is full of good enough players to take responsibility for their own performances. We're entitled to expect more from every single player in that squad so far in this tournament.

His movement is absolutely pony. He is never on for the pass - always wants to be on the end of the move or the one who delivers the key pass. He’s Mr Ego, everything has to be about him. Great goal today but for 90 mins he huffed and puffed and got in the way. Foden will probably lose his place in the side now (that’s a different conversation) but he will remain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.