judge him in blue

MJ said:
Clearly you should get behind anyone that puts the shirt on. Still don't understand why buy him though, even as a stop-gap - we're top of the league in goals even now. Think about having Robinho, Kaka, and Ireland passing the ball around - wouldn't Owen be a lot better and cheaper option to get on the end of their passes? Won't Sturridge start fitting into that role if given games? Isn't Boj back in training already? I can understand Santa Cruz - he's a good target man, finisher, has the height and pace. When I see Bellamy I see Dickov - great for the team we were, just not the team we're striving to be. I'll still support him though.

this!

svennis pennis said:
However, he is exactly the sort of player we need in tight games against teams like Bolton and Stoke.

How is this? Theres no evidence he drags teams over the line in games like this, West Ham lost to Hull earlier in the year with him in the side, and have won only 2 of the 13 matches he has started for them this season (6 of the 9 games he hasn't started).

Where does this often repeated mantra that Bellamy is the type of player that wins games for you come from?

You know, the truth is that Bellamy is MUCH MUCH better than our own Joey "thank you" Barton...he has more talent, is a less of a ****, and is actually someone who is going to improve our squad...

I can't believe...well actually, i can believe it knowing this board...that there are people going on about how they'll never support him...

I'll give ANY player, manager, owner at City at a chance...that's what supporting your club is all about...you don't go "oh, I think he's ****, I won't support him..."

moomba said:
svennis pennis said:
However, he is exactly the sort of player we need in tight games against teams like Bolton and Stoke.

How is this? Theres no evidence he drags teams over the line in games like this, West Ham lost to Hull earlier in the year with him in the side, and have won only 2 of the 13 matches he has started for them this season (6 of the 9 games he hasn't started).

Where does this often repeated mantra that Bellamy is the type of player that wins games for you come from?

Because its fits peoples perceptions and perception is everything.

The reasons for signing Bellamy as opposed to say going for Defoe or an unsettled Drogba are as follows:

1) He will twat lazy bastards in training ala Mr Barton
2) He will not go missing in matches - excluding that is yesterday for WH
3) He is better than Vassell - Bellamy is on a very long list with this one
4) He has (apparently) played well for Blackburn and Wales.
5) Blackburn and Wales were managed by Hughes therefore:

4) + 5) = A Good Signing at 12 plus million for a striker nearing 30 with an average goals record and an appalling injury record.

Its Danny Mills and Robbie Fowler all over again :)

seems to be a few here that have changed there mind!!!!

wonder if it's anything to do with who posts the thread??

if it wasn't a well know poster the author would have been slated

BobKowalski said:
moomba said:
svennis pennis said:

Because its fits peoples perceptions and perception is everything.

The reasons for signing Bellamy as opposed to say going for Defoe or an unsettled Drogba are as follows:

1) He will twat lazy bastards in training ala Mr Barton
2) He will not go missing in matches - excluding that is yesterday for WH
3) He is better than Vassell - Bellamy is on a very long list with this one
4) He has (apparently) played well for Blackburn and Wales.
5) Blackburn and Wales were managed by Hughes therefore:

4) + 5) = A Good Signing at 12 plus million for a striker nearing 30 with an average goals record and an appalling injury record.

Its Danny Mills and Robbie Fowler all over again :)

Yawn....still the same broken records on here....just less frequent...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.