Julian Draxler

Ruhr said:
overrated
bayern blade said:
45 million euros is a hell of a lot of money for someone who, imo, is still a developing talent.
45 million Euros may be a bit much, but anything from 30-35 million pounds is a fair market price. He is a similar level talent to Hazard and with the right catch instead of Keller will become one of the best players in the world. This summer with the Bale, Cavani and Falcao deal the transfer market has kicked on again. Before the going rate for a world class player.potential was about 25 million ie Toure, Silva, Oscar, Modric etc. The market has kicked on again and now it's 30 million. Draxler with Wenger in charge of him can become as good as Robben or Ribery.

Wengers beady eyes are lighting up when talking about this lad in his pre match interview

supercrystal7 said:
Ruhr said:
overrated
bayern blade said:
45 million euros is a hell of a lot of money for someone who, imo, is still a developing talent.
45 million Euros may be a bit much, but anything from 30-35 million pounds is a fair market price. He is a similar level talent to Hazard and with the right catch instead of Keller will become one of the best players in the world. This summer with the Bale, Cavani and Falcao deal the transfer market has kicked on again. Before the going rate for a world class player.potential was about 25 million ie Toure, Silva, Oscar, Modric etc. The market has kicked on again and now it's 30 million. Draxler with Wenger in charge of him can become as good as Robben or Ribery.

A - I'd have to disagree tbh, he is not producing consistently good displays week in week out when fit.

B - That is one hell of a big "if". There is a hell of a lot of hype about this guy but the jury is most definately still out.

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Ruhr said:
overrated
bayern blade said:

A - I'd have to disagree tbh, he is not producing consistently good displays week in week out when fit.

B - That is one hell of a big "if". There is a hell of a lot of hype about this guy but the jury is most definately still out.

1. He is 20. How many 20 year old players produce consistently good displays week in week out? He also has a terrible manager and is playing for a poorly coached team.

2. I don't think I used the word IF, because it's not really much of an IF. Barring injury or personal tragedy he is going to become a star. Fast, strong, skillful, good control, good dribbling and a great shot.

I find it very strange how so many German players are unappreciated in their own country.

supercrystal7 said:
bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:

1. He is 20. How many 20 year old players produce consistently good displays week in week out? He also has a terrible manager and is playing for a poorly coached team.

2. I don't think I used the word IF, because it's not really much of an IF. Barring injury or personal tragedy he is going to become a star. Fast, strong, skillful, good control, good dribbling and a great shot.

I find it very strange how so many German players are unappreciated in their own country.

We appreciate them - but we do not hype them. Maybe we have them in abbundance right now and that is why the hype ain't needed anymore. Not like at times when Schweinski was the only thing you could brag about. And his output - we have other 18/19/20-year olds we can compare him with.

His output this season: He started in 14 league matches. 1 assist in his first match, 1 goal in his tenth, 2 assists each in his 11th and 13th. Four matches of 14 with an output - 10 without. Last season he played 30 matches - 24 of them he started. 10 with goal or assist, 20 without.

The thing is - all of this criterias do not tell that you will be a star. They just tell you that you have the basics for it - the rest is hard work, hard work, hard work, character and luck. Mehmet Scholl probably would add that you need the right wife, too.

Maldeika said:
We appreciate them - but we do not hype them. Maybe we have them in abbundance right now and that is why the hype ain't needed anymore. Not like at times when Schweinski was the only thing you could brag about. And his output - we have other 18/19/20-year olds we can compare him with.
His output this season: He started in 14 league matches. 1 assist in his first match, 1 goal in his tenth, 2 assists each in his 11th and 13th. Four matches of 14 with an output - 10 without. Last season he played 30 matches - 24 of them he started. 10 with goal or assist, 20 without.

The thing is - all of this criterias do not tell that you will be a star. They just tell you that you have the basics for it - the rest is hard work, hard work, hard work, character and luck. Mehmet Scholl probably would add that you need the right wife, too.

Football is not all just about numbers. I don't understand this obsession with stats lately. Germany definitely have a lot of talent coming through, but it's not like Draxler is not right at the top of the list. Gotze is better and more talented, and then Meyer is possibly more talented and then there is Werner, but these four alongside Draxler stand out way above the rest.

Draxler is 20 and you cannot expect a player of that age to be consistent. Their decision making is not what it should be and will improve with age. His stats are fine and better than most 20 year olds. When he matures is when it really matters.

As for hard work this is a given, but Beckenbauer had a great quote. It's not practice that makes perfect, but perfect practice makes perfect. Draxler needs to work hard, but he also needs the right coach. Staying at Schalke would be fine, but not with Keller in charge.

It seems to me that a lot of German fans are unaware of what is going on in the rest of the leagues. Even if Draxler is behind the likes of Gotze, it means little because he is better than any other talent in Europe. It is precisely why Dortmund were respected far more around Europe than in Germany.

I rate him and he could become a very good player but I don't think he is as good as Hazard was when he was at Lille. Think he could go either way if he moves to Arsenal could become world class or could flop. Cant see him coming here.

dachoosen1 said:
I rate him and he could become a very good player but I don't think he is as good as Hazard was when he was at Lille. Think he could go either way if he moves to Arsenal could become world class or could flop. Cant see him coming here.
I never really saw Hazard and Lille. Saw 1 or 2 games, but judging him mainly from last year at Chelsea. He was older and more advanced than Draxler, but a similar type of player with a similar attitude. Mourinho has gotten him to knuckle down and he has been sensational this year. Draxler needs to make the move to the right club. Moyes and United would be the wrong move as would a move to Madrid or Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.