Julian Draxler

Draxler is already a world class player and he's so young, his name will be mentioned alongside greats like Pele in thirty years time imo.

If Arsenal are close we should definitely do everything in our power to trump them. Then again with the Germans at Arsenal there may be a reason he wants to go there as we only have Kompany who speaks German which is pretty daunting at that age.

babua_blue said:
babua_blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Henry, a left footed winger???? Yeah, right. lol.

I am afraid i am correct there . Juve used him as a winger in Serie - A , when he failed and eventually left

usually i dnt like to refer to interviews , but .....

This is Arsene's Interview back in 2010 when he decided to use Walcott as a striker

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed he is ready to trial Theo Walcott in a more central position against Shakhtar Donetsk and compared the England international's potential to transform from a winger to a striker to that of Gunners legend Thierry Henry.

Walcott has enjoyed a blistering start to the new season, netting six goals in seven games to prove he has added an end product to the explosive pace that has long been his best asset.

And Wenger believes that Walcott has demonstrated the sort of potential that he saw in Thierry Henry, who transformed from a talented young winger to one of the world's most feared strikers under the French manager's tutelage.

"He is very, very close to playing that striker role," Wenger said. "He is more of a natural striker [than winger] as he likes to put the ball into the net himself. Theo is 21, give two more years to Theo and imagine what he will be.

"And don't forget that when Thierry came here, he was a winger. When I first played him as a central striker, he said to me, 'I can't score goals'. In England, you are very impatient. Theo can be a prolific goalscorer as once he is a yard in front of the defender nobody can catch him

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/print?id=838528&type=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/print?id=838528&type=story</a>

FFS, you clown, Henry is RIGHT footed.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Draxler is already a world class player and he's so young, his name will be mentioned alongside greats like Pele in thirty years time imo.

If Arsenal are close we should definitely do everything in our power to trump them. Then again with the Germans at Arsenal there may be a reason he wants to go there as we only have Kompany who speaks German which is pretty daunting at that age.

Haven't you got enough attacking talent? Poor old Jovetic can't even get a game.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm --<br /><br />So far, all we have seen is nothing but what seems to be groundless speculation about Draxler.

Wenger has made it clear that he is nowhere near making any kind of signing. Maybe we should just accept what he says?

Gillespie said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Haven't you got enough attacking talent? Poor old Jovetic can't even get a game.

-- Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm --

So far, all we have seen is nothing but what seems to be groundless speculation about Draxler.

Wenger has made it clear that he is nowhere near making any kind of signing. Maybe we should just accept what he says?

you're a wum, you know full well Jovetic has been injured for months, sod all about "not getting a game".

karen7 said:
Talksport reckon this deal is on for £30m
Schalke should be bold and hold out for a little more. Promise the player that if things don't work out they will sell him to Arsenal for the price in January. There is a decent chance that Draxler could really impress against Madrid and there is no better place. Schalke won't miss Draxler much at all. He will be great at Arsenal though, but think he that will only be next season.

Schalke don't even need to spend a penny after selling Draxler. Max Meyer is destined to be his heir.

Max Meyer scored again on the weekend. Just 18 and greater potential than Draxler IMHO.

MarcoReus said:
Schalke don't even need to spend a penny after selling Draxler. Max Meyer is destined to be his heir.

Max Meyer scored again on the weekend. Just 18 and greater potential than Draxler IMHO.
I don't get why that is used as a stick to beat Draxler with. Meyer is not really his heir, because Meyer is actually a no. 10 and not someone who wants to play there. Meyer is more talented in my opinion too, but that does not mean Draxler is not incredibly talented himself. They have Sidney Sam coming in, which would leave them with them an attack of Boateng, Sam, Farfan and Meyer for four positions. That's pretty good and they will have money to invest in other areas. Must get top 4 though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.