Julian Draxler

Arsenal spending big on Draxler?

Doesn't sound like their kind of thing

But then again.......Ozil?

Who knows.

If they do pull this off, well, the world has changed in ways I couldn't have predicted

MillionDollarDream said:
Instant_Offense said:
Is anyone worried that both our primary title rival are improving themselves while we are seemingly willing to stand pat?

Yes,this title race is too close to sit idle while everyone around us looks to improve their position.

I guess it's harder to find players who are willing to be rotated and fall into the backup role, as oppose to looking for main men, which we already have bar another CB. We can't go for stop gaps either.

I rather we get youth who has been proven in a top league or is ready for it. But we have that too in Guidetti and Lopes.

This is the hardest transfer thus far to find player(s) that not only fit our play but is also not surplus to requirements.

Like Mata, we could have made a move for him but with his price it would certainly be surplus.

Players like Musacchio, Zuchulini, Fernando are what we need but there is a risk of not improving with their additions. Players like Di Maria, Isco would, but is too perplexing to go about handling them.

I would rather get Xabi Alonso as a player who will improve us, is a stop gap and won't be surplus long term bar injury.

But priority at the moment is CB and a backup RB, then maybe a defensive/holding mid backup.

Edit: well my post should be in the Jan trans Window but it is 3am.

BayernMan said:
These rumors arent going away
BREAKING: Arsenal have had a bid accepted for Schalke starlet Julian Draxler and should complete his move by this Thursday.

Is he a striker or attacking/creative midfielder ?

If he's a striker then can see the Arse being interested.

If he's an attacking/creative midfielder why would they spend £30 million on another one? They already have big numbers in the midfield Santicazorla, Ozil, Arteta, Rosicky and Ramsey. Suppose you could add Wilsher to that list.

Thought we were after him anyway ?

CITYBOY1000 said:
BayernMan said:
BREAKING: Arsenal have had a bid accepted for Schalke starlet Julian Draxler and should complete his move by this Thursday.

If he's an attacking/creative midfielder why would they spend £30 million on another one? They already have big numbers in the midfield Santicazorla, Ozil, Arteta, Rosicky and Ramsey. Suppose you could add Wilsher to that list.

They want to mould him into a striker just like Arsene did with Henry and V Persie . Both of them were Left footerd wingers when they joined Arsenal and Wenger moulded them into strikers . As a neutral , i think this is a good transfer as i have always rated Draxler highly and Arsene will develop him well . This also ensures Draxler wont go to rags ;)

babua_blue said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
BayernMan said:

They want to mould him into a striker just like Arsene did with Henry and V Persie . Both of them were Left footerd wingers when they joined Arsenal and Wenger moulded them into strikers . As a neutral , i think this is a good transfer as i have always rated Draxler highly and Arsene will develop him well . This also ensures Draxler wont go to rags ;)

You forgot to add ..."and we can buy him off them when he's even better in a few years"

The 49ers said:
babua_blue said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

You forgot to add ..."and we can buy him off them when he's even better in a few years"

cheers

Samir-Nasri.jpg

babua_blue said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
BayernMan said:

Henry, a left footed winger???? Yeah, right. lol.

Rammy Blue said:
babua_blue said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

I am afraid i am correct there . Juve used him as a winger in Serie - A , when he failed and eventually left

babua_blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
babua_blue said:

I am afraid i am correct there . Juve used him as a winger in Serie - A , when he failed and eventually left

usually i dnt like to refer to interviews , but .....

This is Arsene's Interview back in 2010 when he decided to use Walcott as a striker

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed he is ready to trial Theo Walcott in a more central position against Shakhtar Donetsk and compared the England international's potential to transform from a winger to a striker to that of Gunners legend Thierry Henry.

Walcott has enjoyed a blistering start to the new season, netting six goals in seven games to prove he has added an end product to the explosive pace that has long been his best asset.

And Wenger believes that Walcott has demonstrated the sort of potential that he saw in Thierry Henry, who transformed from a talented young winger to one of the world's most feared strikers under the French manager's tutelage.

"He is very, very close to playing that striker role," Wenger said. "He is more of a natural striker [than winger] as he likes to put the ball into the net himself. Theo is 21, give two more years to Theo and imagine what he will be.

"And don't forget that when Thierry came here, he was a winger. When I first played him as a central striker, he said to me, 'I can't score goals'. In England, you are very impatient. Theo can be a prolific goalscorer as once he is a yard in front of the defender nobody can catch him

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/print?id=838528&type=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/print?id=838528&type=story</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.