Julian Weigl

I'm hoping we might re-explore this one now the Jorginho deal is dead.

I've been impressed with Weigl every time I've seen him, which admittedly isn't that often. But you can tell straight away with a midfield player if they've got an eye for a pass and if they make intelligent decisions and there is absolutely no doubt this kid emphatically ticks both boxes.

I've heard he got injured and regressed last season. I don't think that should put us off. If anything, I think the fact Fernandinho still has one or two seasons at the top level in him, it's a good opportunity to take a punt on him. If he's not quite up to it, it won't hurt us that badly as Dinho can take up the slack. But if he gets back to showing his early potential, we could have an absolute diamond on our hands.

He's quicker than Jorginho, has much better feet, more aggressive at winning it back, and from what I've seen, more incisive with his passing. Jorginho obviously has incredible pass completion stats, but from what I've seen of him, he goes square an awful lot, and his forward passes tend to be lobbed balls over the top. City won't play against many teams that will allow that much space behind where that ball will be effective. Whereas Weigl is superb at breaking the lines with a pass in to feet, which is far more suited to our style of play.

He passes like Ginger Bollocks.

Have we been linked with him in the past?

Have we been linked with him in the past?

Yeh, heavily linked during Pep's first season, Guardiola is on record singing his praises. Apparently he got injured and had a bad season last year and the links stopped. But I think there is still fantastic potential in him as a player.

Yeh, heavily linked during Pep's first season, Guardiola is on record singing his praises. Apparently he got injured and had a bad season last year and the links stopped. But I think there is still fantastic potential in him as a player.

Could well be an option then.

I'm hoping we might re-explore this one now the Jorginho deal is dead.

I've been impressed with Weigl every time I've seen him, which admittedly isn't that often. But you can tell straight away with a midfield player if they've got an eye for a pass and if they make intelligent decisions and there is absolutely no doubt this kid emphatically ticks both boxes.

I've heard he got injured and regressed last season. I don't think that should put us off. If anything, I think the fact Fernandinho still has one or two seasons at the top level in him, it's a good opportunity to take a punt on him. If he's not quite up to it, it won't hurt us that badly as Dinho can take up the slack. But if he gets back to showing his early potential, we could have an absolute diamond on our hands.

He's quicker than Jorginho, has much better feet, more aggressive at winning it back, and from what I've seen, more incisive with his passing. Jorginho obviously has incredible pass completion stats, but from what I've seen of him, he goes square an awful lot, and his forward passes tend to be lobbed balls over the top. City won't play against many teams that will allow that much space behind where that ball will be effective. Whereas Weigl is superb at breaking the lines with a pass in to feet, which is far more suited to our style of play.

He passes like Ginger Bollocks.

Bullshit. Weigl is IMO the worst possible deal we could make, of all our rumored transfer targets. Watched a couple Dortmund games last season to see Sancho, and after seeing those games I would rather have Yaya for one more year than signing Weigl. He looked ok when he was playing with Gundogan, but since he left he looks shit. He's incredibly slow, can't shoot (2 goals in 3 seasons, all competitions), awful at defendng, very weak, and despite being quite tall, he rarely wins a header. His passing is good and he's intelligent, but that's it. Personally I think he's one of the most overrated players in the world

Bullshit. Weigl is IMO the worst possible deal we could make, of all our rumored transfer targets. Watched a couple Dortmund games last season to see Sancho, and after seeing those games I would rather have Yaya for one more year than signing Weigl. He looked ok when he was playing with Gundogan, but since he left he looks shit. He's incredibly slow, can't shoot (2 goals in 3 seasons, all competitions), awful at defendng, very weak, and despite being quite tall, he rarely wins a header. His passing is good and he's intelligent, but that's it. Personally I think he's one of the most overrated players in the world

So on balance can we put you down as a No!

Well we have ilkay so he'll be fine then

Which part of my post is "bullshit", mate? You seem to agree his passing and intelligence is superb, which is clearly his main attribute, and the reason we'd be buying him. The other attributes of pace and tacking, while they might not be to the same level, they're certainly comparable with if not an awful lot better than Jorginho, which is the point I was making.

As I say, I've heard he struggled badly with injuries last year and had a very poor season. You seem to be judging him solely on games you saw last season, which I'm not sure is an accurate reflection of his potential. In the games I've seen from him previous to that, he looked an absolutely outstanding prospect. Working under Pep in a position and system that suits him, in a settled side, I think he could get back to showing his early Dortmund form.

Which part of my post is "bullshit", mate? You seem to agree his passing and intelligence is superb, which is clearly his main attribute, and the reason we'd be buying him. The other attributes of pace and tacking, while they might not be to the same level, they're certainly comparable with if not an awful lot better than Jorginho, which is the point I was making.

As I say, I've heard he struggled badly with injuries last year and had a very poor season. You seem to be judging him solely on games you saw last season, which I'm not sure is an accurate reflection of his potential. In the games I've seen from him previous to that, he looked an absolutely outstanding prospect. Working under Pep in a position and system that suits him, in a settled side, I think he could get back to showing his early Dortmund form.
"He's quicker than Jorginho, has much better feet, more aggressive at winning it back, and from what I've seen, more incisive with his passing."
That's what I was referring to as bullshit. I didn't say his passing and intelligence was superb either, I said his passing was good and he's intelligent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.