Julian Weigl

"He's quicker than Jorginho, has much better feet, more aggressive at winning it back, and from what I've seen, more incisive with his passing."
That's what I was referring to as bullshit. I didn't say his passing and intelligence was superb either, I said his passing was good and he's intelligent

Wait, so you think Jorginho is quicker and has better feet? I assume you’re either on a wind up or not seen him play.

I think this is the guy we should be after. Yes last season he was poor but so was pretty much everyone in the bosz/stoger reign. He has shown good flashes, pep has been linked to him and he is only 22. A year working with pep serving as fernandinhos understudy might be really good for him. Plus he shouldnt cost nearly as much as kovacic or others.

I think this is the guy we should be after. Yes last season he was poor but so was pretty much everyone in the bosz/stoger reign. He has shown good flashes, pep has been linked to him and he is only 22. A year working with pep serving as fernandinhos understudy might be really good for him. Plus he shouldnt cost nearly as much as kovacic or others.

Yes I totally agree. It appears Pep was interested, and probably with the right coaching he could blossom.

Two years ago in his major breakthrough season I would have loved City to sign him as a defensive midfield pivot for the next ten years. He was the next Busquets and whilst he would never be the main star he was proving to be that cog that makes everything happen around him.
However his serious injury the season before last seems to have stripped him of all confidence and his contribution on the field suffered badly. Whether he can climb those heights again are a major worry and therefore his acquisition must be regarded a risk.

If we can get him for €40 million without much hassle, Pep may very well be able to convert him into an ideal pivot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.