Julian Weigl

What's the census of opinion as to why he didn't have a good season? Just a drop in form or has he been fucked over by injuries like Gundo?

What's the census of opinion as to why he didn't have a good season? Just a drop in form or has he been fucked over by injuries like Gundo?
Can't say I know, but another possibility is he needs the right system and players around him and hasn't had that at Dortmund. I know it's an observation made anout Jorginho that unless he is used in the right way in the right team he can look very ordinary. Similar to Pogba with the rags I guess.
Edit just looked he only seems to have had one serious injury which put him out for 3 months, since his injury they have gone through 3 managers so sounds more like form and or being misused to me.

Last edited:
Impossible to say without thorough analysis. One of the factors was the coaches' inability to use Weigl's strong points.
But the fact City aren't in for him now tells me the impact of the injury was huge (had broken the ankle a year ago).

Pre-injury Weigl was a tailor-made pivot for a Guardiola side, now he'd be a very risky and expensive signing, and City already have enough injury-prone players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.