Junior Blues News 1978 Birthday Roll Call

They used to read the birthday names out for Junior Blues with birthdays on match days at half time.

I was 18 (and therefore no longer eligable) on the day we beat United in February 1981 with Steve Mackenzie netting the winner and they read my name out :)

Anyone else a regular attendee at the Social Club every first Sunday of the month?!!

The players who had drawn the short straws were attending, still a bit shaky from the drunken antics at Discotheque Royales from the night before.

Happy Days!

I should be on it too 30th April, I'd have been 8 & used to go to some of those events at the Social Club with my mate Pinger!

Sunday Mornings, Queuing outside the social club, few crap cartoons, Q and A session, Raffle, hoping to win the Bobble Hat and Scarf, or even the signed ball But you then had to do a few keepy-uppies!, Having a look in the minute supporters shop, with Janice bellowing at you if you weren't buying, actually buying a photo of a player, or a pin badge, or car sticker!
Then, Sundaq night Stockport Junior Blues meeting at The Rudyard, all this at the age of 11, I don't get out half as much these days!!!

Colin_Bell said:
Was just looking through a summer speical of this dated May - August 1978 which includes a double page spread of all members names birthdays and was wondering if any blues on here may listed in there

I`ve got a feeling I`ll be listed in there for my 9th birthday - can you post the list Colin?

Sue Denim said:
I might be on that list for 13th June...

I also won a JB's competition two or three years later to have lunch with the City players. I still dine out on my story of sharing a meat and potato pie with Steve Mackenzie ;-)

Same birthday as mine that, not sure if I'll be on there tho dont think my Dad signed us up as kid's. Our family was in the paper with Paul Power at the homecoming after the 80/81 cup final, still take great delight in winding our kid up about the paper calling him a rag!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.