Junior Blues News 1978 Birthday Roll Call

middletonblue said:
Do you remember that umbro kit it used to come in a box... shirt on one side shorts and socks on the other folded over..Them were the days when you had to wait till christmas to get it as part of your presents not like the kids today....

Yeah, can still remember thinking " oh god, another board game" when i was opening the wrapping paper.....went nuts when i realised what it was lol

rushts said:
andypandy said:
August 26th for me too

Remember the Sunday mornings waiting outside the social club & "uncle Harry Godwin" organising stuff - happy days.

Wow what a blast from the past, had his autograph amongst many others in my MCFC Autograph book. Happy days.

Unfortunately my friend i used to go to Junior Blues with decided he was gonna support Liverpool through secondary school. I have just recently got back in touch with him and guess who he supports now........

Yes the scum. I took great delight in embarrassing the twat on Facebook with a few reminders of our younger days at Junior Blues and Maine Rd.

Glory seeking arsehole.

ps. my name would be there in Feb.
harry always used to do his autograph using a ruler - got a few programmes off him from when he'd been out scouting for city - used to write notes about the players in them

183sash said:
rushts said:
andypandy said:
August 26th for me too

Remember the Sunday mornings waiting outside the social club & "uncle Harry Godwin" organising stuff - happy days.

Wow what a blast from the past, had his autograph amongst many others in my MCFC Autograph book. Happy days.

Unfortunately my friend i used to go to Junior Blues with decided he was gonna support Liverpool through secondary school. I have just recently got back in touch with him and guess who he supports now........

Yes the scum. I took great delight in embarrassing the twat on Facebook with a few reminders of our younger days at Junior Blues and Maine Rd.

Glory seeking arsehole.

ps. my name would be there in Feb.
harry always used to do his autograph using a ruler - got a few programmes off him from when he'd been out scouting for city - used to write notes about the players in them

Nice one 183 sash, you're spot on with the ruler, some great memories from yesteryear.

Not sure if I would be on there - my birthday was 20th July 1962 so may have left JBs by then - I used to look forward to Sunday morning meetings so much, hoping that Dennis Tueart was going to be there. I cherish the picture below where I got to have my picture taken with the league cup when I was 13 - great velvet bomber jacket too.

14c63bo.jpg

I could well be on list for 13th June. I won a JB's competition to have lunch with the City players three years later. Still dining out on my "eating a meat and potato pie with Steve Mackenzie" story

Sue Denim said:
I could well be on list for 13th June. I won a JB's competition to have lunch with the City players three years later. Still dining out on my "eating a meat and potato pie with Steve Mackenzie" story
That was near the beginning of the thread lol

squirtyflower said:
Sue Denim said:

Well nobody bloody replied. And I can't remember what day it is, let alone when and what I've previously posted ;-)

Sue Denim said:
squirtyflower said:
Sue Denim said:

Well nobody bloody replied. And I can't remember what day it is, let alone when and what I've previously posted ;-)
I saw the thread earlier, had a quick read through, noticed your post and then thought you hadn't posted in a while, and here you are!

The Junior Blues was a fantastic forward thinking idea by Manchester City.

If it were not for the Junior Blues a fair few posters on here could be (Shudder) United fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.