Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Definitely needs his own thread. I've heard from several people now that Pele isn't the only candidate for the job and City are more than happy for the media to continue linking him with the job for the moment.

Are we talking to Klopp's people? Again, sticking my neck out, I believe we are. I tend to believe the people who told me because they've no reason to lie to me (they're not Blues, they aren't based in England, and they work in football).

Personally I think this guy is the absolute perfect fit for out club on every single level. He ticks every box from European experience/success, to youth development, an eye for a good player, attacking football, and the charisma and intelligence to be the public face of the club and work with the people around him rather than against them.

I also think it's interesting that we were supposedly prepared to trigger Gotze's release clause, and are now reportedly prepared to trigger Isco's. Both players at clubs who's managers we could want.

Now that we're without manager we can talk directly to him. An almost absolute certainty is that City reps will be at the CL final.

C'mon Txiki, Khaldoun, Ferran, and Sheikh Mansour. This is the man. Move heaven and earth and get the deal done!
He would be my number one choice. But he has said he wants to see out his contract at Dortmund and then become the German national team coach. But if the right deal was put in place for him, he might not be able to turn us down. We are only five years into our time with the Sheikh and only a couple of years into being a top team challenging for honours. We are a long way off being the finished article and have a lot of restructuring of our squad to do before we get there, and he seems the ideal man to do this and it would be a big opportunity to turn down.

Oh and people, stop calling him Kloppy. Terrible nickname!

Caveman said:
BillyShears said:
Definitely needs his own thread. I've heard from several people now that Pele isn't the only candidate for the job and City are more than happy for the media to continue linking him with the job for the moment.

Are we talking to Klopp's people? Again, sticking my neck out, I believe we are. I tend to believe the people who told me because they've no reason to lie to me (they're not Blues, they aren't based in England, and they work in football).

Personally I think this guy is the absolute perfect fit for out club on every single level. He ticks every box from European experience/success, to youth development, an eye for a good player, attacking football, and the charisma and intelligence to be the public face of the club and work with the people around him rather than against them.

I also think it's interesting that we were supposedly prepared to trigger Gotze's release clause, and are now reportedly prepared to trigger Isco's. Both players at clubs who's managers we could want.

Now that we're without manager we can talk directly to him. An almost absolute certainty is that City reps will be at the CL final.

C'mon Txiki, Khaldoun, Ferran, and Sheikh Mansour. This is the man. Move heaven and earth and get the deal done!
He would be my number one choice. But he has said he wants to see out his contract at Dortmund and then become the German national team coach. But if the right deal was put in place for him, he might not be able to turn us down. We are only five years into our time with the Sheikh and only a couple of years into being a top team challenging for honours. We are a long way off being the finished article and have a lot of restructuring of our squad to do before we get there, and he seems the ideal man to do this and it would be a big opportunity to Jen down.

yes very poor... It should be Mr Kloppy.

" kloppy..its mr Kloppy, everyone knows his name"

"Kloppy..its mr Kloppy,he really knows his game".. Ta dah !!

Caveman said:
BillyShears said:

He would be my number one choice. But he has said he wants to see out his contract at Dortmund and then become the German national team coach. But if the right deal was put in place for him, he might not be able to turn us down. We are only five years into our time with the Sheikh and only a couple of years into being a top team challenging for honours. We are a long way off being the finished article and have a lot of restructuring of our squad to do before we get there, and he seems the ideal man to do this and it would be a big opportunity to Jen down.

It's the only way I could stretch his name out for the song! Unless, 'oh jurgen'

Pigeonho said:
Danamy said:
Pigeonho said:
Can't see it but I would jizz if it happened, jizz like never before.

'Oh kloppy woah, oh kloppy woah, he came from germaneh to manage man citeh'

He brings lewandowski with him and moyes takes Osman to his new club.

Since when has PB been itk? (The hard on comment)

Pele.....hard on.....get it?......come on Pigeonho keep up!
Right yeah got it. Fail on my part there !

I was more worried that i'd have to explain to you what a hard on is?

MSP said:
Billy, don't do it to me, I've just changed my underwear.

Apologies mate. I toyed with the idea of not starting a thread about it - but I just couldn't contain my excitement. Like I say, maybe I'm wrong ... but fuck me I don't wanna be.

I realise there's a lot of scepticism about whether he'll leave Dortmund and why he would, but I just think we often look at these things as supporters rather than from the point of view of the professional. A guy like Klopp, to my mind, has built an incredible team which has peaked in the last 12 months. However he's about to lose his two best players, both to his nearest domestic rival. Even if he isn't thinking it, his agents will be saying to him "if you don't do as well next season you may not get another chance at jobs like the ones going this summer". Then you add into the mix a project like the one at City where the buzz phrase is a "holistic approach" - I'm surprised so many think it impossible.

Granted it comes down to his desire to leave. But if there is even a hint that he may consider a move this summer, then why City wouldn't be his #1 destination is something I'd like to read an argument for because I don't think there is one.

On top of all that. The last two weeks in football in general should be a reminder to us all that anything can happen and to expect the unexpected.

hes an intresting one, maybe wrong time for him though, done well at dortmund,is it maybe too early for him, his counter attack play can be stunning to watch.
worth a try? hes young,plays with style. i think he could suit.
worth a shot i reckon

Well here are his quotes from February after links to the Chelsea job...

"I can turn them down straight away. I will not be moving there. But I do think it is cool that I am being named in the same breath as Mourinho and Guardiola. That is enough for me - that is already a personal triumph, but I am not available, sorry."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.