Just go..........

I do like their football and i wish Hughes would take the shackles off a bit too but in the long term and i stress long term Hughes is a far better bet .........Look at Portsmouth and West Ham and the complete financial dissaray they are in and ask yourself whether "Del Boy" Redknapp has anything to do with it .....

CHT said:
........Amazing really isnt it ..............A few weeks ago Spurs lost 3-0 to Arsenal and 1-O at Home to Stoke ...........Now there wonderful because of one freak result ...

Exactly. Spurs have lost at home to Stoke, rags lost to Burnley, Chelsea (as did villa) lost playing Wigan who had 9 put past them yesterday.
We have lost 1 game all season in all competition and we still hear the moaners at games and on the forums.
If you compare our results up to now with the same fixtures last season, we're making progress. The early season form has got people thinking it would be a stroll getting top 4. Didn't most think top 6 as acceptable before a ball was kicked?

skyblue1894 said:
CHT said:
........Amazing really isnt it ..............A few weeks ago Spurs lost 3-0 to Arsenal and 1-O at Home to Stoke ...........Now there wonderful because of one freak result ...

Didn't most think top 6 as acceptable before a ball was kicked?

well i didn't and i'm sure our owners didn't. so you think it's ok for, say, villa and spurs to finish above us? it's ok to spend £200m and finish sixth? hughes insists he gives his players a 'no excuse' culture. will he apply this to himself? after all, this squad of players is entirely of his own making.

badge said:
skyblue1894 said:

well i didn't and i'm sure our owners didn't. so you think it's ok for, say, villa and spurs to finish above us? it's ok to spend £200m and finish sixth? hughes insists he gives his players a 'no excuse' culture. will he apply this to himself? after all, this squad of players is entirely of his own making.

Its ok to build a solid team of young players that can grow into a very good team .........its a blueprint that we have spectacularly failed to do for the past 30+ years ........we have to try this whatever manager is in place , no more chopping and changing on a whim .

badge said:
skyblue1894 said:

Who's to say they'll finish above us, it's only November! I'm personally hoping for top four like everyone else, but last season we were 22 points away from a top four finish (23 if you want to include goal difference) so winning 8 more games this season than last is expecting too much IMO & especially with a team that has been turned upside down in the last 12 months.
A win from our game in hand puts us above Villa & a point behind Spurs with 25 games to go, so no need to panic just yet.

skyblue1894 said:
badge said:

Who's to say they'll finish above us, it's only November! I'm personally hoping for top four like everyone else, but last season we were 22 points away from a top four finish (23 if you want to include goal difference) so winning 8 more games this season than last is expecting too much IMO & especially with a team that has been turned upside down in the last 12 months.
A win from our game in hand puts us above Villa & a point behind Spurs with 25 games to go, so no need to panic just yet.

i'm not panicking. i'm just fed up with our brand of football and modest results. i think we all expected to be a much more adventurous side this season.

Hello to all, I'm a newbie at all this but I have read some of the comments on here with interest. Firstly can i say that I have only followed football since 1990 when I was dragged kicking and screaming to Maine Road and I've been hooked into the "Blue" way of life ever since. When I watch my team firstly i want them to win and i want to be entertained while they do it, I dont want to see them not turn up when they get paid to perform.....yes I know every team has its off days but I have always seen Man City as the team that you never know what will happen, when we should win we lose and when you think we dont have a hope in hell we pull something rather special out of the bag. I dont think that Mark Hughes is the best man to take us forward but thats my opinion and I'll gladly be proved wrong...I dont agree with some of our purchases and the money we have paid for them but again thats my opinion and If I have one critisicm of the way we play its that we dont close teams down very well and thats been the same for me since I started my support. Football has changed and City is changing with it. It will take time and it will take maybe more money untill our team gels into the unit maybe everybody will be happy with. I am very proud and pleased to say that I support Manchester City......Win, Lose or Draw.......again!

badge said:
skyblue1894 said:

i'm not panicking. i'm just fed up with our brand of football and modest results. i think we all expected to be a much more adventurous side this season.

Fair enough. i just think we need a good result to get the confidence back. At least he changed the formation back to how we started the season. With Villa playing Spurs this weekend, it gives us a chance to make up ground on one of those two.
A cup win against Arsenal & the place will be buzzin' again.

skyblue1894 said:
CHT said:

Exactly. Spurs have lost at home to Stoke, rags lost to Burnley, Chelsea (as did villa) lost playing Wigan who had 9 put past them yesterday.
We have lost 1 game all season in all competition and we still hear the moaners at games and on the forums.
If you compare our results up to now with the same fixtures last season, we're making progress. The early season form has got people thinking it would be a stroll getting top 4. Didn't most think top 6 as acceptable before a ball was kicked?

that proves nothing. except the fact that football is unpredictable.

MCfcBOB said:
skyblue1894 said:

that proves nothing. except the fact that football is unpredictable.

and you can't win every game!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.