Just gone 7th

I've just done this comparison quickly, under the influence, so hopefully fairly accurate??
1989/1990 season - first 13 matches 6 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses = 20 points. The team then went on to lose 4 and draw 2 of their next six games through to the end of December. The manager was famously one game away from being sacked. Unfortunately they won and he wasn't. lucky old baconface.

2009/2010 season - first 13 matches 5 wins, 7 draws, 1 loss = 22 points. We have a tough December but who knows?
I was depressed yesterday with the lack of pretty much anything on the pitch particularly in the second half. I hope we can raise our game against Arsenal and Chelsea, or will that just annoy me more that players are willing to compete some games but not others?

bizzbo said:
the answer to svennis' view, is that the popular view was that last december MH needed time before we could make any judgement on him. he's had time now.

Correct and I negelected to say that no 'decent manager' will come in December/January [seems the logical juncture]. But, hey, money talks...

We are two points better off than Stoke and all i keep hearing is "WEVE ONLY LOST ONCE"
Ita f**kin league where the whole idea is to accumulate as many points as possible

svennis pennis said:
Can people get it into their thick skulls that Hughes will not be sacked even if we get tonked by Chelsea and Arsenal?

We were fucking 18th at Chritmas last season and he didnt get sacked. 7th in the league with a game in hand will not get him sacked in November.

In general I'd agree, only exception is if the crowd turn on him in a big way. Bad losses in the next two would come with a response from the crowd I'm sure. But I think it would probably take another bad result or two after that before the pressure was really turned up a notch.

markblackford said:
We are two points better off than Stoke and all i keep hearing is "WEVE ONLY LOST ONCE"
Ita f**kin league where the whole idea is to accumulate as many points as possible

Completely Agree!!!

markblackford said:
Great post!!

I think we need to enjoy 7th as we will drop again next weekend

Shooter 83 said:
I really think we have to beat Arsenal and Chelsea for Hughes to stay.

Unfortunately we wont beat the Goons or Chelski & we'll be 10th next week & I really can't see us making it back to the top 4 this season...
If we do end up with a change of manager, then I wouldn't say no to Harry Redknapp or Gus Hiddink...Harry's done an amazing job at the Spuds & Gus pulled Chelski back into line with its original players...

i cant understand what the owners are up to yesterday realy was a test to see how far we have come look at last years result against hull and look at the draw yesterday. after 250 mollion pound spent we havent improved that as to be fact surley. how can anybody defend mh anymore
like one previous poster said this year theres only chelsea who are looking like they should so that means there are three places up for grabbs and we are f--king about with mh it makes no sence i dont think theres been a better chance to break into the top four fact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.