Just got back from Fulham

themoabird said:
hilts said:
to me it depends on why someone supports a club, if they dont have any ties to manchester then i dont get it

Well maybe that's coz you're deficient in the imagination stakes.

I was six years old when I started supporting city. My parents who lived on the outskirts of London, weren't interested in soccer. I loved the game. Didn't have a team to support. It was 1970, there was an Esso promotion because of the World Cup. It was little football coins. I decided - aged six - that I would support the team of the player I first got when my dad went to get petrol.

It was Francis Lee. So aged six I started supporting City. How was I supposed to know then that some loons wouldn't like it if non-Mancunians supported the club?

And, as I'm sure you all know, you can't stop supporting a club once you've started. It doesn't work that way.

Good on you fella, fuck the twats off. Nob 'eds if they are giving you shit, each and every one of them.

ps - I live in Whalley Range next to Moss Side so no one can snipe at that.

Like most clubs we have our share of twattish fans, just ignore them mate. We've had the odd clown on here slating people from Salford for supporting City so it's not surprising there are some more out there.[/quote]

For me if you are a City fan you will do for me, if you are willing to travel many miles to attend a home game you deserve credit.
I live in Wigan so not too far, but I know fans from all over the country.
In the 1980s we use to meet up with the Liecester branch, the special trains use to pick them up at Rugby,that branch use to go to all games home and away,the thought that someone would have a go at any of those sort of people would piss me off big time.

If there is one thing that really annoys me about some of the posters on here, it this "It's a local club" thing, get a grip, supporting a team is an emotive issue and all kinds of things come into it, I don't care where anyone is from, we share the same thing when it comes to football.

tonethestone said:
Pam said:
Why is Duff a cnut?

just bugs me, not sure why. Our boys shouting at him saying his family were gypsies was amusing.

Saw Rodney Marsh, was just infront of me buying a coke, was shaking hands with everyone, top bloke.

Why is calling his family gypsies funny?

I have just arrived home as well. And the 7.15 train from Euston to Piccadilly was invaded by THE TEAM!! (just kidding about the invaded bit but they were in the first two First Class carriages.)

But Carlos Tevez wasn't, he was with, what I assume was his family and they sat across the aisle from me in First Class! Carlos came down to talk to them and smiled at me and carried on talking to his family until someone came to take him for his meal. I fell asleep and woke up to find he was sitting right across from me!!!!! I thought I was dreaming but there he was sitting at the table with me! After a moment or two I plucked up courage and asked him if he would mind me taking a photograph and he said that was fine. After I told him how I had enjoyed the match and a couple of other things he swapped places with one of his family and chatted to them the rest of the way home. I was trying to talk to the lad he had swapped places with and Carlos just leaned over and said he didn't speak English. I know that this sounds a bit girly (but remember I am female) but he has a beautiful smile that really lights up his eyes. (*dons the body armour for the stick I will get for that one*!)

How glad are we that Fergie did NOT sign him up?

Thanks Carlos, a true gent.

p.s. by the way before anyone says why did I go first class, I decided to treat myself ok? Just now and again I am allowed to do that. :-) the weather was glorious as well, practically sunbathing weather!!

thought our support overall today wasnt great at all. apart from a handful at the back very few sang, a lot sat down and we must have taken less than 1k as the majority of the stand was fulham/neutral. always the same when we play in london, palace, spurs, chelsea this season for example different crowd that seems not to have a great grasp of the whole atmopshere thing.

great day out in the sun though, some great banter.

I was born in Stretford Memorial, so should i be a rag like my dear departed Dad was? I also grew up in Moston/Harpurhey and then moved to Rochdale. Before going on to live in the Midlands and then the last 1o years here in the USA.

Does that make me any less of a Manc or a true Blue?? Does it fook!!

Like being born outside the GM area and 'chosing' to support "Gods Own Club" doesnt make them fans any less of a tru supporter..........you could argue they are more so, because of the distances they travel to every single game....but we wont, why???..... because we are all fooking Blues with the same passion and love -our beloved club!!

Get a grip FFS you sad people who are mocking any Blue - wherever they are born, live or fooking move to!!!

CTID!!

Proudly wearing the colors wherever i am in this vast country!!

Eccles Blue said:
I have just arrived home as well. And the 7.15 train from Euston to Piccadilly was invaded by THE TEAM!! (just kidding about the invaded bit but they were in the first two First Class carriages.)

But Carlos Tevez wasn't, he was with, what I assume was his family and they sat across the aisle from me in First Class! Carlos came down to talk to them and smiled at me and carried on talking to his family until someone came to take him for his meal. I fell asleep and woke up to find he was sitting right across from me!!!!! I thought I was dreaming but there he was sitting at the table with me! After a moment or two I plucked up courage and asked him if he would mind me taking a photograph and he said that was fine. After I told him how I had enjoyed the match and a couple of other things he swapped places with one of his family and chatted to them the rest of the way home. I was trying to talk to the lad he had swapped places with and Carlos just leaned over and said he didn't speak English. I know that this sounds a bit girly (but remember I am female) but he has a beautiful smile that really lights up his eyes. (*dons the body armour for the stick I will get for that one*!)

How glad are we that Fergie did NOT sign him up?

Thanks Carlos, a true gent.

p.s. by the way before anyone says why did I go first class, I decided to treat myself ok? Just now and again I am allowed to do that. :-) the weather was glorious as well, practically sunbathing weather!!

Great story and I'm glad you had a brilliant awayday.

I thought the singing today was the best for quite a while. I was right down at the front (row B) and we stood for most of the match, we sang and there was a great atmosphere. I particularly liked when someone started the "scarf" song for the two miserable so and sos to the side of us in the Fulham stand who were wearing red and white scarves and looked totally out of place. The Fulham lad who then waved his black and white scarf made us all laugh. The banter was good, the stewards were friendly and all in all I felt it was a good day.

felixbg said:
thought our support overall today wasnt great at all. apart from a handful at the back very few sang, a lot sat down and we must have taken less than 1k as the majority of the stand was fulham/neutral. always the same when we play in london, palace, spurs, chelsea this season for example different crowd that seems not to have a great grasp of the whole atmopshere thing.

great day out in the sun though, some great banter.
We took 1700 tickets and when I got mine there was only a handful left, the two end blocks were all City as was most of the next block.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.