Just got back from Fulham

Fulham's a great day out - were the fans segregated today or where they just sat side by side? That's what it was like last time I went - it must be one of the friendliest grounds in the country.

The areas nice as well - pubs with no bouncers on the doors - like going back in time.

Eccles Blue said:
I thought the singing today was the best for quite a while. I was right down at the front (row B) and we stood for most of the match, we sang and there was a great atmosphere. I particularly liked when someone started the "scarf" song for the two miserable so and sos to the side of us in the Fulham stand who were wearing red and white scarves and looked totally out of place. The Fulham lad who then waved his black and white scarf made us all laugh. The banter was good, the stewards were friendly and all in all I felt it was a good day.

haha was in row G , the scarf incident was hilarious :D Great day

fair enough. sure we've taken 3 blocks before though, guess the hefty price caused people to stay away.

as i said great banter, beautiful weather and friendly policing, stewading for once. good to go to a football ground/city and not be treated like a leppar by away fans and a terrorist by security.

The end block was tiny in front of the cabins, the main block was about seats 123 to 145 and maybe 40 seats back. The smaller block maybe a third of this size, so I make it 500 short?

In regards to that stuff about being a fan in London supporting city... Take it with a pinch of salt. All clubs have fans like this and it's generally a small part of the over whelming support core. It's just that its easier to see the bad, as the good don't comment and just support there team.

At the end of the day who gives a fuck. Support city and ignore them. I'm an Australian fan that is living in London that supports us because we have some of the greatest fans and we used to have a few aussies running around. I even got my camera out to take photos of some of the action there? I do feel abit uneasy about it but when everyone gets to watch the next 5 season in person, then i'm back millions of miles away back in sydney with a couple of photos to remember it by. Who cares? at the end of the day we all support city and there will always be elisitm in supporting groups (mine is bigger then yours ha)

Was a great day out, dont let them spoil it for you.

CTID

felixbg said:
fair enough. sure we've taken 3 blocks before though, guess the hefty price caused people to stay away.

as i said great banter, beautiful weather and friendly policing, stewading for once. good to go to a football ground/city and not be treated like a leppar by away fans and a terrorist by security.

Agreed, it was a nice change!

snipes62 said:
can someone explain to me why there seems to be a hate by some city fans against london fans who support city. I have supported city for 40 yrs and have met and travelled all over to see city who i love but now i am realy considering not to bother going to the games sorry but is this what city fans see a club that only can be suported by people in manchester. Sorry for the rant apart for some arse holes great day out CITD.

If only we lived in a perfect world.

Going for 40 years, and you feel that you need to post about the odd few prob well pissed up fans out of thousands that give a bit of stick?

Come on you know the score, 99.9% of our fans are fine.

Thought our atmosphere was great today prob as I was close to the back.

Thought Garrido was going to get run all over after his 1st 20 mins- but he managed to pull himself together.

Thought Johnson played well despite not being on the left , a couple of cuts inside onto his left were only inches wide or he would of had 2 today.

Had to laugh at that yank in the neutral end that thought it was a great idea to wear his liverpool jacket to the game today, right next to our section.

Prob a few missed this queuing to get out, but what was that all about over Tevez's thrown shirt into the crowd at the front. Looked like it was going to go off at one point over who had it.

mcfc83 said:
felixbg said:

Agreed, it was a nice change!

i've found Fulham as one of the most if not the most 'welcoming' club for away fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.