Just got back from Fulham

I'm a southern based blue - been supporting City over 40 years.

In all honesty I don't get to that many games - wife and kids = no money but I class myself as blue through and through.

Take no notice of the tossers, every club has them !

BTW posting this has reminded me of the first time I ever met Colin Bell outside COMS. I was with my son who was about 13 at the time and he thought it was hilarious as I froze and couldn't speak properly. Even though I explained to my boy (also a blue) that this was the King who adorned the wall of my bedroom for many years and who in my estimation was the greatest player to ever walk the earth, he still thought it so funny that his Dad could be so easily be turned into a bumbling fool !

Good times these.

CTID

Just got back as well. Dutch born and bred and started following City because Gerard Wiekens went to City (he plays/played for my local team Veendam) and the club got under my skin and never left.

Had a great day out, three points in the bag and can't wait for Arsenal away in a couple of weeks time.

lancs blue said:
snipes62 said:
can someone explain to me why there seems to be a hate by some city fans against london fans who support city. I have supported city for 40 yrs and have met and travelled all over to see city who i love but now i am realy considering not to bother going to the games sorry but is this what city fans see a club that only can be suported by people in manchester. Sorry for the rant apart for some arse holes great day out CITD.

Like most clubs we have our share of twattish fans, just ignore them mate. We've had the odd clown on here slating people from Salford for supporting City so it's not surprising there are some more out there.

yeah he thinks hes got problems coming from london ;)

scall said:
cibaman said:
I was really impressed with the effects of Fulham's non segregation policy. Seemed to bring out the best in everyone. Might not work for a derby but perhaps someting that could be tried more often.

I'm also a rugby league fan and I've believed for some time that these days the average soccer fan is no worse than a typical RL fan, but RL fans generally behave better because they are treated better.

Aye, it's a top little ground. Did everyone else get their free Muller Rice on the way in?!

With regards the London Blues thing, I was with a few of them yesterday. They've been going years and years, China, Thailand, Abu Dhabi you name it. But some of them were getting a bit of stick from some City fans yesterday. Unfortunately people just can't accept that we will, and do have fans from all over the country who have supported City for decades.

The Muller Rice kept my son happy at half time. Not that he wasn't happy anyway.

Looked to me like City took most of the Putney Stand either as away or neutral. I was in P5 (neutral) and it was 90% City as far as I could see. Good, friendly atmosphere. There was a fella behind us in the second half - short fair hair, belted black Barbour jacket - giving it some in a one man sing song. Anyone know him? My son was very impressed that someone could sing so loudly.

allblackcitizen said:
There was a fella behind us in the second half - short fair hair, belted black Barbour jacket - giving it some in a one man sing song. Anyone know him? My son was very impressed that someone could sing so loudly.

Was his stood by the aisle? If so, I was stood on his left. At the end of the game he turned round and apologised for the noise. "WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU, GONE DEAF MATE" was my witty response.

But it was a top trip. Having a few pints in the Dukes Head over the river before the game, in the sun, wandering through the park to the game, all very civilised! Got the last train back to Manchester, so as you can imagine I pretty much staggered onto it and fell asleep after a heavy weekend of it!

hilts said:
snipes62 said:
can someone explain to me why there seems to be a hate by some city fans against london fans who support city. I have supported city for 40 yrs and have met and travelled all over to see city who i love but now i am realy considering not to bother going to the games sorry but is this what city fans see a club that only can be suported by people in manchester. Sorry for the rant apart for some arse holes great day out CITD.

to me it depends on why someone supports a club, if they dont have any ties to manchester then i dont get it

you wouldnt.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm --<br /><br />
dannybcity said:
I've got absolutely nothing against Southern blues, the more the merrier but I'm always abit taken aback when a hear a Southern accent cheering on City. It just sounds unusual. That said a Scottish lad comes with me occassionally and that sounds even weirder.

out of town City fans are probably the the most least glory hunting fans in the world if you look at it....so why do some have a problem ?? beats me.

They love City for who they are...the peoples club.the numerous titles,trophies and European cups have nowt to do with it. :)

scall said:
allblackcitizen said:
There was a fella behind us in the second half - short fair hair, belted black Barbour jacket - giving it some in a one man sing song. Anyone know him? My son was very impressed that someone could sing so loudly.

Was his stood by the aisle? If so, I was stood on his left. At the end of the game he turned round and apologised for the noise. "WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU, GONE DEAF MATE" was my witty response.

But it was a top trip. Having a few pints in the Dukes Head over the river before the game, in the sun, wandering through the park to the game, all very civilised! Got the last train back to Manchester, so as you can imagine I pretty much staggered onto it and fell asleep after a heavy weekend of it!

Sounds like the gent in question.

I fucked up yesterday for some crazy reason I thought the game was a 5:30 kick off, didn't leave Manc until 11:30 when I was jumping on the Tube near my flat in Hendon I texted the lads where are you, they sent back walking up to the ground, I thought they we're being eager! What a knob arrived literally as they blew the whistle for half time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.