Just heard DeNiro on Talksport

They're trying to create a story around Hughes stating the top 4 managers were all shit players. He was defending Hughesy.

Come on here after a defeat.

Deep down I reckon at least 30% of people don't think Hughes is good enough. They won't admit it now but if we lose our first two games they'll all come out of the woodwork.

If we do lose the first two matches of the season the place will be in melt down with people screaming for him to go.

masterwig said:
Come on here after a defeat.

Deep down I reckon at least 30% of people don't think Hughes is good enough. They won't admit it now but if we lose our first two games they'll all come out of the woodwork.

If we do lose the first two matches of the season the place will be in melt down with people screaming for him to go.

Come on here after a defeat
Come on here after a win it's nice n chilled,funny that.

for those who don't know, here's what Hughes has said (from the OS)

Mark Hughes has broken his silence on the heavy flak that has accompanied his summer recruitment policy and the Daily Express gives considerable coverage for the unusually frank comments from the City boss.

Never outspoken as a player and always diplomatic as a manager, Hughesy has delivered what the Express describes as "a damning response" to the criticism that has been aimed his way from some of his top Premier League rivals.

"I have never had to court publicity myself because I played for top clubs," he says in matter-of-fact mode. "The truth is I never had to because my performances generated headlines anyway. I was good at what I did and that was enough.

"That has been my way for 45 years so I don't think I will suddenly become one for mind games. But other managers feel that their profile has to be raised and they have to do that. Maybe it is because they have not played at a certain level."

Express writer Richard Tanner lists Sir Alex Ferguson, Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger underneath a headline that raps 'They never did it as players so they talk big to feed their egos', which might have had one Express-reading Scottish boss choking on his cornflakes.

The Express deems it "an astonishing attack that is sure to get under the skin of his rivals." But if you decide to start prodding a Welsh dragon with your stick, you always have to remember that you're playing with fire.

If you jump on a Hughes Out bandwagon after 4 5 6 or even 10 games - irrespective of form - then you are just playing into the media's hands who see this as the best way of derailing our challenge to the top 4.

You can guarantee that what all our rivals to the top six will have including Spurs, Everton, Villa and the usual suspects is managers who are rock solid in their position.

I've always thought that City fans historically have always tended to make our managers job harder by creatin unnecessary addtional pressure on the players and manager which is not going to help anyone.

Its about time that we rallied together stuck steadfast behind our manager and not allow ourselves to be manipulated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.