Just heard DeNiro on Talksport

masterwig said:
If we do lose the first two matches of the season the place will be in melt down with people screaming for him to go.

Or if we draw the first.

possibly true but unfortunately in the majority of cases over the last twenty years in English football crap players have made good managers which is why gerry creaney has to be our next manager!

masterwig said:
Come on here after a defeat.

Deep down I reckon at least 30% of people don't think Hughes is good enough. They won't admit it now but if we lose our first two games they'll all come out of the woodwork.

If we do lose the first two matches of the season the place will be in melt down with people screaming for him to go.
considering the 2nd game is wolves at home i think people would have a right to complain, although i wouldn't!

Blue Mooner said:
If you jump on a Hughes Out bandwagon after 4 5 6 or even 10 games - irrespective of form - then you are just playing into the media's hands who see this as the best way of derailing our challenge to the top 4.

You can guarantee that what all our rivals to the top six will have including Spurs, Everton, Villa and the usual suspects is managers who are rock solid in their position.

I've always thought that City fans historically have always tended to make our managers job harder by creatin unnecessary addtional pressure on the players and manager which is not going to help anyone.

Its about time that we rallied together stuck steadfast behind our manager and not allow ourselves to be manipulated.

I agree and was saying exactly that last season but the fact is that if we start badly there will be a loud section of our support calling for his head.

In contrast even when we were on a bad run under Sven the vast, vast majority backed him and vocally.

Hughes' name has only been sung once or twice.

masterwig said:

Deep down I reckon at least 30% of people don't think Hughes is good enough. They won't admit it now but if we lose our first two games they'll all come out of the woodwork.

I dont think he is good enough, ill tell you now. I just dont see the mileage in going on about it at this point in time.

pigonthewall said:
possibly true but unfortunately in the majority of cases over the last twenty years in English football crap players have made good managers which is why gerry creaney has to be our next manager!
Barry Silkman would be even better then

squirtyflower said:
Blue Mooner said:
Its about time that we rallied together stuck steadfast behind our manager and not allow ourselves to be manipulated.
Excellent point.

Agreed, the pressure on Hughes and City is going to be immense. The press will be waiting for the first defeat or bad performance and will rip us apart.

We(the fans) have to get behind Hughes and support him.

I personally think, he struggles with tactics. But would never call for him to be replaced that is a decision I'm quite happy to leave to the board. Look at Newcastle!!!! I heard a bit of talksport enough to agree with Kelly on "be careful what you wish for," Steve Mc Claren is on his way back.

MCRJON said:
masterwig said:

I dont think he is good enough, ill tell you now. I just dont see the mileage in going on about it at this point in time.

Fair enough, I totally disagree, but as you say that doesn't mean you shouldn't or can't get behind the guy - that way you are fully within your rights to feel vindicated in your view if it wasn't to work out. However, if you become one of these people who start to hound him when he's hardly had chance to prove himself then it's kind of a self defeating prophecy and no City fan could truly feel great about that !

Whatever our views we all want to see City challenge this season and the best way of doing that is by backing our team and our club inspite of what the media might try and throw at us.

I don't care who the manager is as long as I see the team be successful - don't forget Arsenal lost something like 5 out of their first 12 games and still made the top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.