Just heard DeNiro on Talksport

Blue Mooner said:
If you jump on a Hughes Out bandwagon after 4 5 6 or even 10 games - irrespective of form - then you are just playing into the media's hands who see this as the best way of derailing our challenge to the top 4.

You can guarantee that what all our rivals to the top six will have including Spurs, Everton, Villa and the usual suspects is managers who are rock solid in their position.

I've always thought that City fans historically have always tended to make our managers job harder by creatin unnecessary addtional pressure on the players and manager which is not going to help anyone.

Its about time that we rallied together stuck steadfast behind our manager and not allow ourselves to be manipulated.

Here.........Here and well said BM!!

Remember how the Rags stood by Baconface and well as they say "the rest is history".......i am not saying that we should judge Lesley by those lofty levels, but given time and patience from us Blues, i really feel he will bring us what we so desire most.......SILVERWARE!!

Hughes has played a blinder this summer with what he has said and the way he's conducted himself. I get the impression he's a lot more popular now amongst our fans than at any time last season and I expect to hear his name sung a lot more this season if things are going ok. I doubted his tactical sense a couple of times last season but when you realise what he had to work with within the squad he could be forgiven for being reluctant to change things during games, maybe he just knew the players weren't up to it. That's not an excuse he'll be able to use this time around

I honestly think he'll do well for us and he could be 'the gem' that ADUG think he is.He's also the luckiest manager in the world,it's up to him to make the most of it. I'll back him till he no longer has the job because I've seen too many managers at this club over the years.

I'll get behind the team as always but I still believe Hughes is nowhere near good enough and it will take a hell of a lot for him to prove otherwise.

Blue Mooner said:
If you jump on a Hughes Out bandwagon after 4 5 6 or even 10 games - irrespective of form - then you are just playing into the media's hands who see this as the best way of derailing our challenge to the top 4.

You can guarantee that what all our rivals to the top six will have including Spurs, Everton, Villa and the usual suspects is managers who are rock solid in their position.

I've always thought that City fans historically have always tended to make our managers job harder by creatin unnecessary addtional pressure on the players and manager which is not going to help anyone.

Its about time that we rallied together stuck steadfast behind our manager and not allow ourselves to be manipulated.
Nail on the head my friend.

i rang up as i was seething at the so called city fan saying the fans are split 50 50 on hughes, whether he will or wont do well we dont go on national radio saying we are split on anything, this clown did'nt realise the whole of football nearly are shitting it and will leap on anything to try to derail us. its us and them now so we get behind every aspect of our club. i said on the radio that hughes will have to deliver of course he will but since he's been here he has dragged our club out of amatuism and should be applauded for it, now he must do that on the field.

de niro said:
i rang up as i was seething at the so called city fan saying the fans are split 50 50 on hughes, whether he will or wont do well we dont go on national radio saying we are split on anyhting, this clown did'nt realise the whole of football nearly are shitting it and will leap on anything to try to derail us. is us and them now so we get behind every aspect of our club. i said on the radio that hughes will have to deliver of course he will but since he's been he has dragged our club out of amatuism and should be applauded for it, now he must do that on the field.

Pint coming your way sir !

Goodman...

I will be honest I dont think Hughes is the right man to take us forward....

but I will support him every game while he is our manager and hope that he proves me wrong.

ell said:

but I will support him every game while he is our manager and hope that he proves me wrong.

i think this is fair enough, in realaity no one knows, will be fun finding out though, then should it click, well, just will be amazing.

de niro said:
ell said:

i think this is fair enough, in realaity no one knows, will be fun finding out though, then should it click, well, just will be amazing.

Like you say no one knows, but reading the Express Article reminded me (maybe others as well) that Hughes is only 45!! That's so young for a manager, and he's already been an international manager and had Blackburn punching well above their weight in terms of league positions.

When Mark Hughes took the City job we still had 'Frank' and Hughes was promised more funds than at Blackburn and with the fanbase and stadium that was probably enough to tempt him. Hughes probably thought with a few decent additions we could make a push for the UEFA spots. Come the end of August we become the richest club in the world and have signed Robinho! Hughes had been at the club month's, not years and suddenly the expectation and interest in the club is through the roof. Last season was Hughes' first in charge and given how eventful it was for everyone concerned it's not suprising that it wasn't too productive on the pitch, but Sheikh Mansour and ADUG have seen something in Hughes for them to trust him with another season and that's good enough for me.

At 45, Mark Hughes already has a great deal of managerial experience and is now being faced with a level of pressure some managers will never experience if they stay in the game till they're 60. At the same time Hughes is still a relatively young manager and will make mistakes along the way, but if he can make a good go of it and we achieve a top 6 finish this season, without any silverware he should retain his job. The players at the club are thriving on the stability of starting the new season under the same management. With the experiences Mark Hughes has already had in his early stages as a manager I have no doubt he will be as successful as a manager as he was during his playing days, I just hope he is given time and takes his chance to achieve those successes with City.

Well done De Niro. Frankly I find it appalling to think that fans are not behind Hughes at the moment. He's done exceptionally well this summer, he's represented the club impressively and has made sure he gotten his wish list early so they can blend as a team before the season starts. To me it certainly feels like its us and them so we need to stand together and believe in our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.