Just how well has Mancini done? A stat..

MCFC BOB said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini out! Committee in.

That table also shows up those dickheads on the other thread who had Hughes as one of our three worst managers.
Look at the defensive records of Hughes and Mancini.

Mancini: 86 games, 76 conceded.
Hughes: 77 games, 101 conceded.

I know who I'd rather want.
No argument with that but one of the three worst? Worse than Ball, Pearce, Frizell, Clark and all the other dead-heads we've had?

Prestwich_Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini out! Committee in.

That table also shows up those dickheads on the other thread who had Hughes as one of our three worst managers.

No argument with that but one of the three worst? Worse than Ball, Pearce, Frizell, Clark and all the other dead-heads we've had?
I've only witnessed 6 City managers since I was a Blue.

Royle, Keegan, Pearce, Sven, Hughes and Mancini. I think I chose Pearce and Hughes for my worst three, and then I couldn't pick a third.

MCFC BOB said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
MCFC BOB said:

I've only witnessed 6 City managers since I was a Blue.

Royle, Keegan, Pearce, Sven, Hughes and Mancini. I think I chose Pearce and Hughes for my worst three, and then I couldn't pick a third.
Apologies to you then. Being young you have really been spared some dross!

We have had some shite in the boardroom too, tooka leap of faith totouch the job at 1 time. I think the acquasition of kiddo to be a masterstroke this season I think he has the full trust of bobby and hopefully the pair will take usup 2 notches next year. I enjoyed the keegan times myself always had a soft spot for him.

Got to bear in mind with those older managers that a win was two points back then and so relatively a draw was a much better result. Dominance at home and draws away would win you the league back then so it's not really fair to judge older managers against modern ones. There will be a bias towards modern managers.

Skashion said:
Got to bear in mind with those older managers that a win was two points back then and so relatively a draw was a much better result. Dominance at home and draws away would win you the league back then so it's not really fair to judge older managers against modern ones. There will be a bias towards modern managers.
That doesn't quite add up though as modern managers (of rival teams wenplay) that are up against out modern managers also need to go for wins. So everifying is relative.

SWP's back said:
Skashion said:
That doesn't quite add up though as modern managers (of rival teams wenplay) that are up against out modern managers also need to go for wins. So everifying is relative.
Judging modern managers (post-3 points for a win) against other modern managers is fine.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
Skashion said:
Judging modern managers (post-3 points for a win) against other modern managers is fine.
That's not what I meant

Dhenry said:
For those of you who love these figures (I do), Mancini is the most successful modern time city manager with any credible amount of games managed under him in terms of win %:

l94D2.png

source: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_City_F.C._managers#Managers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ma ... s#Managers</a>

Never thought his percentage would be that good in general OR in comparison to some of the greats..

If you do the number of defeats as a percentage of games played, Roberto (22%) is second only to Sam Cowan (13%)(excluding the Committee)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.