Just how well has Mancini done? A stat..

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
Let me preface this comment by saying I love RM, think he is the best person we could have blah blah blah.

But you guys are overlooking the fact that Roberto had the best team, player-wise, that we've ever had. Saying he was a better manager than some of these others is a little unfair to the others.. considering how much more he has at his disposal.

Silva yaya AJ paddy, kolorov dezko mario (100 MILLION ? ok a little bit more) who bought them ???RM

RSC,JO,BRIDGE,BELLEMY, SWP (70 ODD MILLION HERE) MH

One buys class the other buys brawn..THATS WHY RM is a winner

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini out! Committee in.

That table also shows up those dickheads on the other thread who had Hughes as one of our three worst managers.

He bought RSC and fucking Wayne Bridge when every other bastard on the planet knew it was a mistake. And he kept losing M/CR derbies.

Longsight-memories said:
Bulldoglikeapproach said:
Let me preface this comment by saying I love RM, think he is the best person we could have blah blah blah.

But you guys are overlooking the fact that Roberto had the best team, player-wise, that we've ever had. Saying he was a better manager than some of these others is a little unfair to the others.. considering how much more he has at his disposal.

Silva yaya AJ paddy, kolorov dezko mario (100 MILLION ? ok a little bit more) who bought them ???RM

RSC,JO,BRIDGE,BELLEMY, SWP (70 ODD MILLION HERE) MH

One buys class the other buys brawn..THATS WHY RM is a winner

No doubt his transfers have been superb, but you're missing my point. I'm talking less about Mark Hughes (who i dont rate very highly) and more about all of our other managers before the buyout that wouldve loved to have the funds to buy the talent that Roberto has.

Some blues have rose tinted specs on when Peter Reid is mentioned and yet he, with an established side, won only 13 more than he lost and Hughes has a better win percentage

Probably the specs with Reid because he was a players player, would die trying etc when he played for us and other teams and we like that.

Roberto is king though :)

Pam said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

That table also shows up those dickheads on the other thread who had Hughes as one of our three worst managers.

He bought RSC and fucking Wayne Bridge when every other bastard on the planet knew it was a mistake. And he kept losing M/CR derbies.
I don't recall any outcry on here when we bought Wayne Bridge although I'll happily agree that paying £19m for RSC wasn't the brightest move.

Longsight-memories said:

City had identified players like Silva, Yaya and Johnson before Mancini became Manager. He just gave the nod to sign them. Any Manager would.

Why on earth are you trying to compare Kolarov to Silva? Lescott and Zabaleta can do a better shift at left back.

And why is Jo still in the squad?

Skashion said:
Got to bear in mind with those older managers that a win was two points back then and so relatively a draw was a much better result. Dominance at home and draws away would win you the league back then so it's not really fair to judge older managers against modern ones. There will be a bias towards modern managers.

I'm sure that's how the rags won the title last season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Pam said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I don't recall any outcry on here when we bought Wayne Bridge although I'll happily agree that paying £19m for RSC wasn't the brightest move.

I was (and I haven't changed my view) a Hughes outer, but regarding "his" signings

Very good
Kompany, DeJong, Zabba, Given, Barry

Average (mainly because we paid well over the top for most)
Adebayor, Bridge, Bellamy, SWP, Lescott, KoloToure

Poor/disastrous
RSC, Ben Haim

Then we have the "not Hughes signings"
Tevez, Robinho, Jo

The jury's still out on a number of Roberto's signings, Kolorov, Ballotelli, Boateng to name three, but what goes in Mancini's favour is
he's turned some good players into World Class
he's cleared the decks of problems (apart from Tevez)
and whilst he's dealt with all the "player issues" and unbelievable pressure from the media, he's got us into the Champions League and won a trophy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.