Just lookin at the De Jong bid!!!

De Jong and Bridge are gonna be another Kompany....as in unsung heroes. Bridge and De Jong themselves are quality signings but sadly will be completely overshadowed by the arrival of Mr. Kaka :)

I cant help but think that De Jong is potentially a far better player than Scott Parker, strange then that we turn to him after failing to land the west ham man. Looked a good prospect in the euros and if his arrival reduces the playing time of Fernandes then it can only be a good thing!

I think the plan is for de Jong to play the Kompany role, and Kompany to play centre half alongside either Richards or Dunne. I'd be surprised if the deal doesn't go through.

I'd be happy with it, Hughes has got pissed off with Premiership club quoting daft prices for players. West Ham were asking more for Parker, and I think most seasoned football observers would agree de Jong is the better player. Just hope he takes the same line with Bellamy and Santa Cruz, we shouldn't be held to ransom despite our wealth. There's better value for money to be had on the continent. If Kompany played in the Prem he'd have cost £25m instead of £5m.

Trevski said:
I cant help but think that De Jong is potentially a far better player than Scott Parker, strange then that we turn to him after failing to land the west ham man. Looked a good prospect in the euros and if his arrival reduces the playing time of Fernandes then it can only be a good thing!

Talking about being overshadowed, we need to give Bridge a good reception tomorrow.

We know how much Hughes wanted/wants Bellamy, and the first bid was joint for him and Parker.

Maybe he thought he could get both on the cheap considering West Hams position, then when rejected concentrated on Bellamy.

Anyway, glad we're now in for De Jong, looks a far better prospect.

Ric said:
I think the plan is for de Jong to play the Kompany role, and Kompany to play centre half alongside either Richards or Dunne. I'd be surprised if the deal doesn't go through.

I'd be happy with it, Hughes has got pissed off with Premiership club quoting daft prices for players. West Ham were asking more for Parker, and I think most seasoned football observers would agree de Jong is the better player. Just hope he takes the same line with Bellamy and Santa Cruz, we shouldn't be held to ransom despite our wealth. There's better value for money to be had on the continent. If Kompany played in the Prem he'd have cost £25m instead of £5m.
well even if i agree to your last points in principle i must say i do hope we sign Santa, he is a quality striker and has amazing forward runs that blackburn arent using... but then that all depends on what we can get him for...

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I keep wondering if the bid really is 13m or if this is press speculation. Apparently, De Jong has an exit clause of €2m in his contract that can be activated this summer. I doubt if a bid of €13m would be required to persuade Hamburg to sell now rather than for €2m in five months time.

That clause in his contract wont be there in the summer because he was expected to sign a new one in the next few days?

13mil for this guy is a good buy and exactlly the type of player we need.

In reference to the actual topic. It is a lot compared to say 2/3 seasons ago but now i think it will be hard for City to buy a player no matter how good for less than 10mil??

saw himin the euro and looked a hell of a player

like the look of a midfield of kompany and dejong with two solid centre backs behind zab and bridge up the wings and kaka, robiniho and who ever else doing their stuff cant wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.