Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Hefner said:
Chappaz said:
Blue Hefner said:
Like it or not N'castle have been hammered on occasion this year, that would suggest that their defence is sometimes week and suspect. Yes they do have a good defensive record but it would appear once 1 or 2 go in against them they fall apart see Wigan, Chelsea, Spurs and Fulham

It isn't the goals which cause us to fall apart. We start the games with our foot off the pedal and just cause our own demise. Still don't know why it happens sometimes. But in the games against Wigan and Spurs some players were having shockers from kick off. Just didn't turn up on the day.

Believe me, if that happens against you guys we'll get battered, but I'm saying all of this on the assumption that we give 110% with 50,000 fans behind us. Certainly hope so anyway.

Ironically that could be N'castles down fall. Any team that has tried to attack us away from home see Utd and Spurs etc have been hammered so your fans screaming for players to get forward and run around might be N'castles undoing

N'castle will have to defend very well, put our defence under pressure when they can and hope for a bit of luck

I think N'castle will come straight out of the blocks at 100mph and hope to score early, similar to what Utd did at OT. If City can withstand that then control possession we should be fine............fingers crossed
Newcastle went to Swansea and let them have all the possession and just picked them off on the break. They did the same at West Brom too. I think they will play the same way against us. Sit back, make it hard for us, try and score on the counter, and there's probably not a better team at doing that this season apart from United maybe.

danburge82 said:
Blue Hefner said:
Chappaz said:
It isn't the goals which cause us to fall apart. We start the games with our foot off the pedal and just cause our own demise. Still don't know why it happens sometimes. But in the games against Wigan and Spurs some players were having shockers from kick off. Just didn't turn up on the day.

Believe me, if that happens against you guys we'll get battered, but I'm saying all of this on the assumption that we give 110% with 50,000 fans behind us. Certainly hope so anyway.

Ironically that could be N'castles down fall. Any team that has tried to attack us away from home see Utd and Spurs etc have been hammered so your fans screaming for players to get forward and run around might be N'castles undoing

N'castle will have to defend very well, put our defence under pressure when they can and hope for a bit of luck

I think N'castle will come straight out of the blocks at 100mph and hope to score early, similar to what Utd did at OT. If City can withstand that then control possession we should be fine............fingers crossed
Newcastle went to Swansea and let them have all the possession and just picked them off on the break. They did the same at West Brom too. I think they will play the same way against us. Sit back, make it hard for us, try and score on the counter, and there's probably not a better team at doing that this season apart from United maybe.

And we know how well that went for united . . .

danburge82 said:
Blue Hefner said:
Chappaz said:

Those games were away from home though. I just wonder whether the home crowd, in their last home game of the season and also a must win game would be happy to start the match with that game-plan

skybluecelt1990 said:
danburge82 said:
Blue Hefner said:

Well yes they've scored 86 goals this season and a large proportion of those are on the counter. They've won 12 titles playing that way. Valencia has been a very damaging player in this style of play this season.<br /><br />-- Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Hefner said:
danburge82 said:
Blue Hefner said:

Those games were away from home though. I just wonder whether the home crowd, in their last home game of the season and also a must win game would be happy to start the match with that game-plan
They were. But Chelsea played Bracelona like that at home in the first leg of the semi final. When needs must it doesn't matter if you're the home team, you just need to do the best job in order to win the points and I can see Ncastle's tactics being just like that.

I think every team on the planet has a specific plan for each team i dont think that is just related to newcastle but having a plan and executing are 2 different things. For example everyone knows how to stop barcelona you just pack the defence and hit them on the break but chelski are the first team in a long while to manage it and they only did that by virtue of a missed penalty, everyone knows how to stop man united you stop their wingers getting balls in the box but it hasnt stopped them winning consistently for a number of years.

Im sure you do have a plan and Im sure we have a plan for you, look newcastle have done well this season but just because they have a bearing on the title they are now being talked up as being the best team city have played this season and being given plaudits i guarantee you if we had lost against united, newcastle would not have been talked about in such glowing terms, they are being hyped up beyond belief because of their unique position to possibly decide the title.

Lets give them the respect they deserve but Pardew is no managerial genius, newcastle are not the greatest team in the land, they are good well organised team who have had some good and unexpected results this year in wins and losses and have gone on a bit of a good run much like spurs did when they had a nice little run of fixtures which they won.

Im not saying we will win and im a natural pessimist im just trying to give a sense of perspective with regards to how good newcastle and also trying to highlight the fact that our team is not a bad team either.

danburge82 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
danburge82 said:

Well yes they've scored 86 goals this season and a large proportion of those are on the counter. They've won 12 titles playing that way. Valencia has been a very damaging player in this style of play this season.

-- Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 pm --

Blue Hefner said:
danburge82 said:

They were. But Chelsea played Bracelona like that at home in the first leg of the semi final. When needs must it doesn't matter if you're the home team, you just need to do the best job in order to win the points and I can see Ncastle's tactics being just like that.

Without seeing N'castle much this season, this isn't based on a lot but I feel they will fly at us in the first 10/15 mins, hope to get the early goal and defend that. I just cannot see them defending from the off as if City score first N'castle will be in serious trouble

Well yes they've scored 86 goals this season and a large proportion of those are on the counter. They've won 12 titles playing that way. Valencia has been a very damaging player in this style of play this season.

Not against us. We've proved against united we can ride out that sort of team play. We absorb for the 1st 20 mins, then find our feet and control for the rest of the match

Newcastle are resembling the rags this week, they are going through their starting 11 and sending "warnings" to us. I hope we twat them.

when people do that send warnings and give it mouth I always think who are you trying to convince yourself or the person your warning

LoveCity said:
Newcastle are resembling the rags this week, they are going through their starting 11 and sending "warnings" to us. I hope we twat them.
This

r1egrl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.