Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt.D said:
leeznufc said:
Matt.D said:
Lots of banter with the Geordie lads who have joined here this week I see. Speculate all you want but its like this..

If City play well on Sunday we win, regardless of Newcastles good players. Because frankly we are better than you.

But as we all know football does not work like that and If we have any sort of below par performance we will certainly drop points because they have players who WILL take advantage.

every body has a view ..what yous lot seem to do alot is ..compare man for man .

(wrong way) i think .its a team effort,

its about how yous play on the day as a team ..

Which is what I just said. Everybody who supports there team is bound to be biased towards them, however I do not see things through blue tinted specs. Both Man for man and as a team we are better than you because we consistently perform better.

That doesn't mean to say that you are not a good team or dont have great players. I dont think despite what you lot seem to think that any city fan is under any illusion as to how hard Sunday will be 99% of us are shitting it.

What i suppose i was getting at is that we (city) have not really been unlucky in any game this season. Every time we have played well we have won. Whenever we have been even slightly below par we have dropped points.

We have battered united and tottenham on the road but we have lost at Swansea and dropped points to west brom. So I don't think it is cocky or unreasonable for any City fan to believe that if we play as we can then we will beat you, and if we don't then you will take points off us.

anyway best of luck .. fair play man lol.

the key for yous i think is to score first ...if we do then it could become very very tough.

mancboy123 said:
leeznufc said:
the toon do not fear yous im afraid no presure ..

be interesting to see how your players react to the 50 odd thousand atmosphere on sunday .
(also our last home game)

as ive said before i hope yous win the league . but just reading the comments on here .

i think yous overhype your team

ive watched yous loads . on your day yous are good . but yove had some shockers aswell .

just glad we beat chelsea gives us both something to play for ..

cant wait

While we appreciate people from all over the world here it is generally accepted that english is a first language

So you think players who played in champions league finals, world cup finals, fa cup finals are going to wilt in front of 50 thousand shirtless grunting geordies, these players played in the the argentinian leagues, in the camp nou do me a fabour.

We overhype our team, not quote as much as you overhype yours im afraid, we have had some shockers, would those be the shockers where we lost by 1 goal or the shockers where we shipped four to a relegation team or 5 to fulham or 5 to spurs im confused which ones were they.

You overhype your team massively you have some good players dont get me wrong but apart from cisse the way he is playing at the moment they are players that no one else wanted, demba ba was turned down by stoke and yeah hes had a good season but i dont think real madrid will be banging down your door anytime soon. We have all been trying to show newcastle the respect that they deserve me more than anyone but dont get ahead of yourselves remember where you were not a season ago.

Well said, Newcastle are a good team but to try and make out that your better than us is frankly pathetic.<br /><br />-- Fri May 04, 2012 2:14 pm --<br /><br />
leeznufc said:
calm down guys lol .. watched yous against arsenal . they hammered yous.
to be fair ..and
bayern munich away well quite embarrasing really , for a team that is best in england .

yous couldnt even get the ball off them .

lets not forget manure arnt the team they use to be ..

just the way i see it

We outplayed them for the first 20 minutes, two goals which were conceded were both spilt and our star striker refused to come on to play. Embarrassing? Your statement certainly is.

leeznufc said:
to be fair ..and
bayern munich away well quite embarrasing really , for a team that is best in england .

just the way i see it
What about 5-1 at Spurs.

How "yous" get on there pillock?

city diehard said:
mancboy123 said:
leeznufc said:
the toon do not fear yous im afraid no presure ..

be interesting to see how your players react to the 50 odd thousand atmosphere on sunday .
(also our last home game)

as ive said before i hope yous win the league . but just reading the comments on here .

i think yous overhype your team

ive watched yous loads . on your day yous are good . but yove had some shockers aswell .

just glad we beat chelsea gives us both something to play for ..

cant wait

While we appreciate people from all over the world here it is generally accepted that english is a first language

So you think players who played in champions league finals, world cup finals, fa cup finals are going to wilt in front of 50 thousand shirtless grunting geordies, these players played in the the argentinian leagues, in the camp nou do me a fabour.

We overhype our team, not quote as much as you overhype yours im afraid, we have had some shockers, would those be the shockers where we lost by 1 goal or the shockers where we shipped four to a relegation team or 5 to fulham or 5 to spurs im confused which ones were they.

You overhype your team massively you have some good players dont get me wrong but apart from cisse the way he is playing at the moment they are players that no one else wanted, demba ba was turned down by stoke and yeah hes had a good season but i dont think real madrid will be banging down your door anytime soon. We have all been trying to show newcastle the respect that they deserve me more than anyone but dont get ahead of yourselves remember where you were not a season ago.

Well said, Newcastle are a good team but to try and make out that your better than us is frankly pathetic.

-- Fri May 04, 2012 2:14 pm --

leeznufc said:
to be fair ..and

just the way i see it

We outplayed them for the first 20 minutes, two goals which were conceded were both spilt and our star striker refused to come on to play. Embarrassing? Your statement certainly is.

firstly i never said , we are a better team than you ..and second take the blinkers off about the bayern game .<br /><br />-- Fri May 04, 2012 2:23 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
leeznufc said:
to be fair ..and

just the way i see it
What about 5-1 at Spurs.

pillock whats one of them . me old school teacher use to call people that lol.

pillock lol .. brings back the good old times cheers

SWP's back said:
leeznufc said:
to be fair ..and

just the way i see it
What about 5-1 at Spurs.

A lot written about Bayern away and to be fair we were well beaten in the end. But for anybody who actually watched that game, for the first 35 minutes of the game Bayern barely had a touch of the ball in their own stadium and we should have had 2 absolute stone wall penalties which would undoubtedly have chanegd the game. However, after that we were well beaten and there is no shame in losing to the champions of Europe who have just knocked out Madrid.

Arsenal we were terrible. We were equally as bad at Swansea and at Everton. Totally outfought in each of those games and created fuck all.

However, since then there is a big difference. Aguero has come back into form. But most importantly one of the best players in world football in Carlos Tevez has come back into the side. He brings the best out of Aguero. Since Tevez came back into the starting 11 we have played 4, won 4, scored 13, conceded 1. Including battering the current champions to the point that they failed to have a single shot on target in 90 minutes (plus fergie time).

We all know we face a massive challenge on Sunday at your place in front of your fans. And as ive said before, noone here is taking anything for granted. Anything could happen on the day.

I wont put down your side because youve had a brilliant season, but so have we so stop coming on our forum to tell us that we are shite, when we are currently top of the league.

leeznufc said:
to be fair ..and

just the way i see it

Arsenal hammered us 1-0. A complete mauling that was.

The Bayern game was completely different to what was depicted in the press due to us being unbeaten at the time. Apart from the fact that the first 30-40 minutes we completely dominated and should have had 2 penalties that there was absolutely no excuse that anyone could give for not giving them and the chances we had. The only thing was that day that we let our heads go down as decisions and luck were clearly not on our side. Set aside the fact the result was 2 nil away to the Champion's League finalist. We did then proceed to hammer them on our own turf which of course went completely under the radar.

However, I cannot seem to recall many 4-0 or 5-0 losses that we have had this season.

I remember earlier in the season when we played (yous). (Yous) was all going on about how Tioté was going to dominate the game and how (yous) were going to beat us and we hadn't had any difficult games yet. When (yous) did turn up, it turned out to be one of the most laxidasical away performances we had seen at the Etihad this season.

Seriously is leeznufc using the term 'yous' as some kind of in joke that we don't get? I'll have a crack at using it though.
Yous are going to get beat on Sunday because if we play anywhere near our best against yous we will win regardless of what yous do.
Subsequently ending yous dreams of being in the champions league next year.
Yous does not have a good enough squad to replicate this years league form and play in Europe at the same time so yous league performances will suffer.
Yous will then all quietly go back into yous's shells when mid-table mediocrity beckons.
Did i do it right?

This game will be hard for us and I am not counting my chickens before they have hatched with Toon having had the game midweek I would hope that after about 70 mins they will tire. Too close to call for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.