Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And some Pardew quotes...

"I could sit here all day and talk about the virtues of my players, but Yohan Cabaye is certainly a special player in terms of his mentality and the way he plays the game. He has been a massive asset to us.

"When you are playing against top quality technicians like [City] are, it is very important to show them respect and put cover on each other," added Pardew. "You have to expect to get beat as a defender, that James Perch is going to get beat by [David] Silva, that David Santon is going to get beat by [Sergio] Aguero, but there is somebody else there to help out. If we can do that and do it well enough, then we have a chance of getting a clean sheet.

"That has gone undetected with all the Papiss Cissé goals. We have got 15 clean sheets, that is the best ever for Newcastle in a 38-game season. That speaks volumes for the work-rate of this team.

"I know it is going to be electric on Sunday. I know Manchester City have got applauded for the atmosphere they have had this season. Well they ain't seen nothing yet. Of course I'm excited. My players are excited.

"The motivation for this game for me is that I don't have to do anything. What we have to get right is the call at half-time and the call on substitutes. That could be significant."

city diehard said:
The stench of arrogance and immaturity in that, is just embarrassing.

They actually had a discussion about this side of Pardew's nature on Sunday Supplement last week. They said he'd toned it down.

seen tons of articles asking: "how will city cope with newcastle/cisse/cabaye/benarfa".

Nothing about how can newcastle stop us? very strange.

We have the best defence is the answer, and de jong has already stopped ben arfa once before!

To be fair to Newcastle fans can understand some of them being a bit Arrogant they have had a cracking season and beaten some top sides I predicted after the scum game we will get a draw at Newcastle but the scum will also draw 1 of there last 2 games

nwhn3 said:
Our problems on the road have mainly been due to attitude and struggling to break down a ten man defence. There will be no lacking desire on sunday and newcastle going for the win will only open up the kind of space our midfield had at the start of the season

Desire is different in my view. You can have all the desire in the world but going to the stadium of an opposing team which is literally electric with atmosphere and support for the home side is extremely difficult. It's very difficult to get confident in that sort of situation, which is why 90% of teams have far better home records than away records. It's just how it works really.

I'm not trying to predict anything. You guys could come out and trash us for all I know. All I'm saying is that the home advantage, the psychological advantage we have, is going to be key if we get anything from this, because you do have the better side.

As for the comments about the best strike force, it's a tricky one. On paper, and through history, Man City's is the best without a doubt. However, we have to take form into consideration. And at the moment, I think players like Ben Arfa and Cisse are capable of the same sort of skill, trickery, creativity and goal scoring potential as Tevez or Aguero, so exactly how do you measure who the best is at the moment?

Mind you, I do think Man City have the better strike force now Tevez is back. He really does make all the difference.

Chappaz said:
nwhn3 said:
Our problems on the road have mainly been due to attitude and struggling to break down a ten man defence. There will be no lacking desire on sunday and newcastle going for the win will only open up the kind of space our midfield had at the start of the season

Desire is different in my view. You can have all the desire in the world but going to the stadium of an opposing team which is literally electric with atmosphere and support for the home side is extremely difficult. It's very difficult to get confident in that sort of situation, which is why 90% of teams have far better home records than away records. It's just how it works really.

I'm not trying to predict anything. You guys could come out and trash us for all I know. All I'm saying is that the home advantage, the psychological advantage we have, is going to be key if we get anything from this, because you do have the better side.

As for the comments about the best strike force, it's a tricky one. On paper, and through history, Man City's is the best without a doubt. However, we have to take form into consideration. And at the moment, I think players like Ben Arfa and Cisse are capable of the same sort of skill, trickery, creativity and goal scoring potential as Tevez or Aguero, so exactly how do you measure who the best is at the moment?

Mind you, I do think Man City have the better strike force now Tevez is back. He really does make all the difference.

Serious question, why do you think you have a psychological advantage? We have won 4 in a row, scoring for fun again, top of the league and need 2 wins for the title.

Bilboblue said:
Serious question, why do you think you have a psychological advantage? We have won 4 in a row, scoring for fun again, top of the league and need 2 wins for the title.

Because we're at home. You guys have lost zero at home but lost 5 on the road. It ain't a fluke. It's because teams play with so much more confidence, intensity and tempo when they have 50,000 home fans roaring them on, whilst the opposition will naturally feel intimidated by that. It happens in every match in the PL.

That's hopefully how things will be evened out a little bit, as I wouldn't fancy our chances at the Etihad stadium, at all.

That's all I was referring to when it comes to the psychological advantage though, but if we were to discuss other factors, then we're at the top of the form table, just came off a win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and need a win to potentially reach the Champions League, so both teams will be equally fired up for this one, but we have the added advantage of home support and home soil.

Chappaz said:
Bilboblue said:

Because we're at home. You guys have lost zero at home but lost 5 on the road. It ain't a fluke. It's because teams play with so much more confidence, intensity and tempo when they have 50,000 home fans roaring them on, whilst the opposition will naturally feel intimidated by that. It happens in every match in the PL.

That's hopefully how things will be evened out a little bit, as I wouldn't fancy our chances at the Etihad stadium, at all.

That's all I was referring to when it comes to the psychological advantage though, but if we were to discuss other factors, then we're at the top of the form table, just came off a win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and need a win to potentially reach the Champions League, so both teams will be equally fired up for this one, but we have the added advantage of home support and home soil.

You played a Chelsea side that rested 5 players with an eye on the FA Cup Final.

Tomorrow will be a manic day, but I think you are a bit cocky about this match, I am guessing because you don't have a lot to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.