Just realised I'm missing the last game of the season.

Re: Just realised I'm missing the last game of the season.

chidge said:
We've known for the last 6 months that we will be missing the west ham game for the most pathetic of reasons - it'll be the only home game that I've missed this season and all because my dickhead of a sister has organised her son's holy communion (catholic thing) for next Sunday. It's in london, my initial refusal to go caused huge family rift and near divorce - I'm ashamed to say that I was spineless and gave in , my logic was that if I went to match we we wouldn't win title and if I missed it we would (it's working so far)

has anyone had to miss a match of this importance for a worse reason ???

Well, seeing as all catholic services seem to end up in the pub, I'm sure you'll at least be able to see it on TV.

de niro said:
BringBackSwales said:
chidge said:
We've known for the last 6 months that we will be missing the west ham game for the most pathetic of reasons - it'll be the only home game that I've missed this season and all because my dickhead of a sister has organised her son's holy communion (catholic thing) for next Sunday. It's in london, my initial refusal to go caused huge family rift and near divorce - I'm ashamed to say that I was spineless and gave in , my logic was that if I went to match we we wouldn't win title and if I missed it we would (it's working so far)

has anyone had to miss a match of this importance for a worse reason ???[/quote

I would seriously fuck the holy communion off if we are top of the league going into the west ham match

Exactly. Being your close family they'd know what it meant to you and willingly excuse you. Mine would.

Agreed, and if not there's still the divorce card he could play

BringBackSwales said:
chidge said:

I would seriously fuck the holy communion off if we are top of the league going into the west ham match

Just on the off chance don't fuck God over we might need him that day. ;)

blue b4 the moon said:
BringBackSwales said:
chidge said:

IF there was a god David moyes would still be in charge at the swamp

Thenumber1blue said:
I'd have missed my own wedding before a possible title decider.

Can anybody arrange for this do be done retrospectively ?

My Granddaughter was arranging her daughter's christening in January this year and rang me to check when we were playing so that the christening wouldn't clash with a match!! That is what I call love for her grandmother! Luckily it was the FA Cup weekend when we drew with Blackburn so there was no chance of Sky changing the date!!

de niro said:
chidge said:

has anyone had to miss a match of this importance for a worse reason ???

My daughter got married in November 2012, we missed a 5 nil drubbing of Aston villa. I still hold it against her.
If I was going to miss any game it would have to be for something more important than religion

I was the incredibly fortunate beneficiary of this type of thing two years ago - I still pinch myself today that through contacts I managed to be there. Just shows after decades of suffering someone up there remembers and decides to smile on you that one time.

I hope someone like me benefits this time as I shall be watching in a bar somewhere on the Costa Blanca , should we be still be in the race of course. Never count any chickens say I !

blue b4 the moon said:
BringBackSwales said:
chidge said:

Brilliant!

A funeral would be borderline,but a holy communion ........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.